Processing Supervisor - Cash Battersea London SW8 4UG £26,803.00
Processing Supervisor - CashLocation: Battersea London SW8 4UG | Salary: £26,803.00 | Posted: 31 Aug 2021 | Closes: 30 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7212
Penion, Life Assurance benefit, Employee Assistance, Uniform
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the audit trial into, within and out of the Processing department at all times. Working within Company procedural guidelines, to ensure high quality of service is constantly maintained, with optimum efficiency. To supervise cashiers in the department and to manage the workflow within the department in line with expected productivity and timelines. To maintain a standard of cleanliness and organisation on the shop floor with all staff, regardless of cleaners.
• Communicate effectively with internal suppliers and customers (e.g. vault) to ensure cash is supplied & taken in a controlled and efficient manner.
• Liaise and communicate with other areas to assure the smooth running of the area.
• Conduct training of new cashiers and give ongoing training as necessary.
• The ability to substitute for the Section Manager when required.
• Monitor, publish and communicate processing rates on an hourly basis if required.
• Assure high standards of housekeeping and adherence to work wear policies.
• Ensure timely and full completion of all supporting documentation.
• Manage a team of cashiers to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Assure all Company security procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure a full audit trail is maintained for values transferred to and from the area.
• Verify discrepancy claims paperwork and supporting documentation.
• Verify unclaimable losses and investigate potential causes.
• Ensure productivity targets are understood and challenge any underperformance.
• Proactive input to productivity gains and waste elimination opportunities.
• Ensure optimum workflow to individual cashiers to maximise efficiency.
• Assure the area is kept clean (5S) and free of hazards and Health & Safety issues are reported.
• Ensure documentation to support effective handover between shifts.
• Ensure audit compliance.
• Investigate and report on equipment faults to assure timely rectification action.
• Authorise any discrepancies and ensure adequate investigation and documentation.
• Be responsible for adherence to the audit requirements and the correction of any failures/shortfalls in score in a structured format.
• Ensure all funds held are secured and there is full identification of these at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to motivate and influence others.
• Good team player.
• Competent in training others
• Proactive approach and ability to use own initiative.
• Previous work experience in cashier/cash handling role or production environment.
• Working knowledge of cash processes and equipment.
• Supervisory experience or demonstrate leadership qualities.
We also have some specific security criteria that you will need to meet:
You must be able to pass a criminal record check as well as a personal credit and ID check.
You must also have a 5 year employment/unemployment/educational history that we can check and verify.
You will need to be prepared to undergo airport style searches when entering and leaving our premises and be comfortable working within a secure and confined environment.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, paid overtime, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing.
This role will be subject to a medical review and which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Supervisor - Vaults
Location: Battersea SW8 4UG
Apply now Processor - Cash - Nights (Sunday - Thursday)
Location: Battersea London SW8 4UG
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation
Location: BATTERSEA SW8
Apply now Cash Centre Hub Business Support Analyst
Apply now Driver - Cash Transportation