Prison Offender Manager Wellingborough £26,000
Prison Offender ManagerLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £26,000 | Posted: 1 Sep 2021 | Closes: 22 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10429
PRISON OFFENDER MANAGER
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough
£26,000 per annum, Permanent
Full Time 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting and let your experience lead the way!
A brand new contract, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a new standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, new resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future, HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is rehabilitation, equipping our residents with the skills to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and residents feel safe.
We are looking for a number of experienced Prison Offender Managers (POM) to join our team. You may already have experience within a custodial environment and are seeking a new challenge or ready for the next step in your career.
The Prison Offender Manager (POM) will contribute to and lead the management and assessment of low to medium risk prisoners at HMP Five Wells and to prepare, implement, review and evaluate their sentence plans with them. The POM will build effective, appropriate and supportive relationships with prisoners, with the aim of reducing re-offending.
You will act in a supportive role to probation officers based at HMP Five Wells in the case management of medium to high risk prisoners and you will undergo training to carry out this specialist delivery role as a Prison Offender Manager.
The role is Non operational with no line management responsibilities but with supervisory responsibilities when required.
Some of the key responsibilities to this role are:
- Supervise Prisoners during the custodial sentence.
- Contribute to the management of risk.
- Understand, apply and conform to national and local policies.
- Establish, develop and maintain professional relationships with prisoners and staff.
- Maintain and update systems in line with local / national arrangements.
- Prepare relevant documentation to managers for verification/quality checking purposes.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings as required.
- To assess and manage the risk posed by offenders to protect victims of crime and the general public by:
- Providing information and advice to other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations.
- Work with other agencies and groups to prevent reoffending and meet the needs of victims and offenders.
- As Prison Offender Manager, be involved in all relevant processes in the prison such as ACCT and violence reduction/anti-bullying for those within your caseload.
- Interview prisoners within prescribed timescales of their arrival for Sentence Planning. Set and review targets with prisoners and update case management notes on relevant IT systems.
- Use the Offender Assessment System (OASys) to identify risks and manage offenders appropriately. Liaising with outside agencies
- Coordinate & Encourage prisoners to participate in education, interventions and workshops as defined within the sentence plan. Develop strategies to assist prisoners to overcome reluctance to attend.
- Liaise with the Community Offender Managers regarding Release on Temporary Licence (ROTL) and Home Detention Curfew (HDC).
- Make recommendations to the Head of OMU on suitability for early release.
- Inform relevant agencies of release dates and address of prisoners considered a risk on release.
- Support Community Offender Managers with the delivery of plans linked to release.
- Liaise with the Foreign National Department or UK Border Agency regarding foreign national prisoners, as appropriate.
- Instigate public protection child contact checks and share relevant safeguarding information with authorities.
The Ideal Candidate:
You will have a consultative and can do attitude, supporting and coaching prisoners to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures are met.
You must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral, alongside good negotiation and influencing skills with an academic qualification in criminology being desirable.
It is essential that you have experience of working within a multifunctional and demanding environment. You will be a dynamic and engaging individual with a good sense of humour. As a proven professional, you will be an integral part of the HMP Five Wells team.
In return, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, holiday entitlement, life assurance, company pension, comprehensive training and career development.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Please note for internal candidates, your Director/Line Manager will be made aware of your initial application
Jobs that might be of interest:Interventions Facilitator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *BRAND NEW BUILD*
Apply now Internal Auditor
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - *Full and Part Time Roles*
Apply now Operational Support Officer (Prison Security Officer)