Prison Custody Officer (HMP Oakwood) Wolverhampton, West Midlands £21,132.99 - £23,842.34
Prison Custody Officer (HMP Oakwood)Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands | Salary: £21,132.99 - £23,842.34 | Posted: 20 Nov 2018 | Closes: 25 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Prison Custody Officer – HMP Oakwood
Salary range: £21,132.99 to £23,842.34 per annum
Shift Work, 39 hours per week
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has recently been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
We are currently seeking Prison Custody Officers to join our growing team. Whatever job you do now, you may have the skills required to start your career in a custodial environment. All you need is a commitment to do the right thing and the ability to build rapport with people. We are looking for individuals with good communication and interpersonal skills including problem-solving and conflict resolution, together with a real passion to provide custody with care.
We offer a comprehensive training programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job, providing ongoing support and development opportunities along with generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free on-site parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
Working closely with teams across you will:
- Have a number of key responsibilities that help prisoners reform.
- Make sure the prison is safe and secure with every prisoner accounted for each day.
- Play a key role in giving prisoners structure and routine, making sure they get to work in the morning, are actively engaging with the prison regime and secure in their cell in the evening.
- Be a role model, a leader and encourage prisoners to make positive choices which help them to turn their lives around.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds that can show that they have the integrity, resilience and strong communications skills needed to thrive in this role. No specific qualifications are required.
The Ideal Candidate:
Due to the nature of the role you must have the following:
- 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by the company and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
- Able to attend a Security Vetting Interview and achieve satisfactory Security Clearance.
- Eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Able to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer
Location: BIRMINGHAM, West Midlands
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - HMP Rye Hill, Rugby
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Health Care Assistant
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Paediatric Crisis Worker - West Midlands Paediatric SARC
Location: Nuneaton, West Midlands