Principle Engineer Remote worker in Hayes area £35,000
Principle EngineerLocation: Remote worker in Hayes area | Salary: £35,000 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 | Closes: 23 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays. Contributory pension scheme offered
Due to growth in our Integrated Security Systems business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Installation Principle Engineer in our Fire & Security Systems Division.
Focusing on installations in the Hayes area, the successful candidate will be responsible for successfully installing high end fire alarm and integrated security systems, adhering to the system specification for the project whilst maintaining tight cost confrols.
The position will require a mixture of working at home, out on site or within the Hayes regional office, you will primarily be working with end customers. main contractors. sub contractors and business colleagues.
F&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre for fire, security and location based services, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high security Government facilities. For more information visit: www.g4sfireandsecurity.co.uk
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
- Undertaking the project management of fire alarm systems and electronic security systems by electrical contractors.
- Ensuring that customers receive appropriate and adequate training and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Verifying the detailed accuracy of equipment specifications at the "pre-installation" stage.
- Developing and managing site specific method statements and risk assessments where necessary and ensure that Health and Safety requirements are upheld.
- Being responsible for compliance with regard to technical auditing and to manage compliance with quality standards & regulations.
- Liaising with customers and confractors at a local/site level.
- Undertaking commissioning of systems when required.
- Supervising sub-contractors effectively.
- Ensuring that systems are properly tested and commissioned and assist in the production of O&M documentation.
- Assisting, wherever possible, in maximising profits.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be a qualified Electrical/Electonics Engineer/Electrician
- Experience in the installation and commissioning of fire and security systems including projects in excess of £100,000
- Intermediate IT skills including familiarity with MS Office and fire system related software.
- Experience of the Gent by Honeywell, Vigilon and Vigilon Voice product ranges.
- Experience of IP CCTV/Access Control/Intruder Alarm Systems
- Be highly motivated and work on your own, with an excellent attention to detail.
- Management of electrical contractors and company approved subcontractors.
- Practical and accustomed to managing projects to a budget
- Be highly presentable and a team player with impeccable integrity
- Willingness to work varying hours and shift patterns as necessarily and travel nationally when required
- Be literate & numerate to GCSE/O Level or equivalent as a minimum
- Possess a valid driving licence
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
Preference will be given to candidates who also meet the following:
- Experience in the installation of network based securiry systems.
- Knowledge of relevant British Stardards for Installation
- Basic knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Ambition and potential for middle management role
Jobs that might be of interest:Systems Engineer
Location: Remote worker Mansfield & Nottingham areas
Apply now Systems Engineer
Location: Remote worker London East area
Apply now Systems Engineer - Reigate
Location: Remote Worker covering the Reigate area
Apply now Area Relief Court Security Officer
Location: Cumbria, United Kingdom
Apply now Court Security Officer
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom