Primary Care Nurse Durham £23,628 - £30,246
Primary Care NurseLocation: Durham | Salary: £23,628 - £30,246 | Posted: 23 Apr 2019 | Closes: 18 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7627
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit enthusiastic and committed Primary Care Nurses.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as a Registered Nurse in Primary Care:
- Salary: £23,628 - £30,246 per annum
- Golden Hello of £1500* (£500 on starting; £1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
HMP Durham is a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. With the high turn over, the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety. This may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness. As a member of the nursing team, you would be providing reception screening procedures, emergency response, immunisation and screening services, medication administration and medication management procedures.
We welcome full time and part time applications from experienced and newly qualified nurses. Newly qualified nurses will be supported through a Preceptorship Package and further training.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as an Primary Care Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.