Primary Care Nurse Brasside, Durham £23,628 - £30,246 per annum
Primary Care NurseLocation: Brasside, Durham | Salary: £23,628 - £30,246 per annum | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 14 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7482
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP/YOI Low Newton is an all female closed prison situated in a semi-rural location 4 miles North East of Historic Durham City. It caters for females aged 18 and over who are on remand, as well as sentenced female prisoners who are 18 or over; the prison takes all categories of prisoners including those serving life sentences . HMP/ YOI Low Newton has an operational capacity of 348 and serves the courts in the catchment area from the Scottish Borders to North Yorkshire across to North Cumbria.
A full range of Primary Care Services and preventative services are provided to the women who are held at Low Newton. The team works closely with GPs, the Integrated Mental Health Team, Drug and Alcohol Services, dental services, opticians, podiatrists, physiotherapists, sexual health services, and Prison Staff to ensure that the health and wellbeing of the prison population are met. In addition HMP/YOI Low Newton has an inpatient unit, as well as a Substance Misuse Unit .
Our nursing team consists of Qualified and Unqualified Primary Care Nursing staff, Registered Nurses and Health Care Support Workers. Choosing to work alongside us presents a unique opportunity to work in a rewarding, challenging and interesting environment in the only female prison in the North East of England.
We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse in Primary Care to join our team.
Benefits as a Registered Nurse in Primary Care:
- £23,628 - £30,246 per annum
- £1500 'Golden Hello' bonus upon starting with the company*
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Full Time - 37.5 hours per week, various shifts
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
*Golden Hello Scheme
Are you a qualified nurse or healthcare professional looking for a new post in a dynamic, values-led and supportive organisation?
G4S Healthcare has introduced a ‘Golden Hello’ Scheme to reward candidates for choosing G4S Healthcare as an employer. The scheme applies upon the successful full time contracted recruitment of Qualified Nursing Posts.
Following all satisfactory pre-employment checks and commencement of employment, you will receive the payment in two instalments as follows:
- £750 on commencement of employment (once all satisfactory pre-employment checks have been completed)
- £750 on successful completion of 6 months service.
The payments will be non-pensionable and will be subject to tax and national insurance deductions.
Further information will be discussed at interview, should you be successful.