Primary Care Nurse Team Leader £32,525- £37,267
Primary Care Nurse Team LeaderLocation: | Salary: £32,525- £37,267 | Posted: 11 Dec 2019 | Closes: 15 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8248
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Durham was built in the early 19th Century and has been undergoing a major refurbishment programme during the last 10 years. HMP Durham a reception prison accommodating remands and men serving short sentences of no more than 56 days. The average length stay is 5 to 6 weeks . The establishment is serving the courts in the North East to the Scottish Boarder to Teesside and Northern Cumbria area. In February 2017, the operational capacity was 1,001.
With the high turn over the healthcare focus is on immediate needs and safety this may include substance misuse issues, mental health, physical injury and acute illness, in addition to this opportunity to test for BBV, immunisations and some aspects of health screening and promotion are provided.
Nursing provision is provided 24 hours a day 365 days of the year, The healthcare team is made up of a number of different providers that include mental health and substance misuse workers, doctors and pharmacy, G4S provide healthcare administration services, primary care and substance misuse nursing staff as well as general nursing staff. As a member of nursing team you would be providing reception screening procedures, emergency response, immunisation and screening services, medication administration and medication management procedures. In what at times can be a challenging, rewarding, humorous and at times frustrating environment.
We are recruiting for a Primary Care Nurse Team Leader to join our team at HMP Durham.
Benefits as a Primary Care Nurse Team Leader:
- Salary of £32,525- £37,267 per annum per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week (Full Time)
The daily operational co-ordination of healthcare delivery. Lead on predetermined aspects of service delivery in relation to clinical delivery, staff management and development. Provide clinical leadership and support. To work within a challenging environment supported by a multi disciplinary team.
- To coordinate the operational delivery of health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Provide leadership in predetermined aspects of clinical care, management and development
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To provide clinical leadership and supervision predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, G4S policies and procedures, Prison service instructions and orders as well as adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Part 1 NMC adult nursing registration
- Clinical skills training or willing to undertake training
- None medical prescribing qualification or willing to undertake training
- Experience of working and co- ordinating a team at Senior staff nurse or equivalent level.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN /RMN
Apply now Health Care Assistant
Apply now Long Term Condition Nurse
Apply now Substance Misuse Team Leader - HMP Durham
Apply now Primary Care Clinical Lead