Practice Manager Rugby, Warwickshire £27,953 to £33,129
Practice ManagerLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £27,953 to £33,129 | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 21 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7464
HMP Rye Hill, Rugby (CV23 8CZ)
£27,953 to £33,129 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in the village of Willougby, near Rugby, in Warwickshire. A PFI prison which opened in 2001, it is a category “B” training prison, acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s). The capacity of the prison is 625.
The sentence requirement for HMP Rye Hill is for prisoners who have been sentenced to over four years and have at least 12 months left to serve. No more than 15% of the population must be in denial of their offence. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible and reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe, and causes of prison stress are minimised.
We are currently have an opportunity for an experienced Practice Manager to join our Healthcare team.
Benefits as Practice Manager:
- Salary of £27,953 to £33129.60 per annum
- 25 days annual leave allowance
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To manage the delivery of excellent healthcare services to offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
Responsibilities of the Practice Manager:
- Develop and implement a health and social care service plan in accordance with current Offender Health performance indicators to ensure offenders’ needs are met in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure high standards of care, values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures, legislation and contractual and professional requirements are met.
- Identify and maximize all revenue opportunities, manage expenditure within budget, especially management and control of third party spend; forecast potential issues that may have financial impact
- Manage all aspects of Health and Safety including reporting and carrying out investigations. Ensure managers and staff learn from near misses and incidents and take steps to prevent recurrence
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- Provide line management support to administrative team.
- Identify resourcing needs and the ongoing selection, training and development of staff, managing the effective utilisation of resources to ensure service delivery is optimised.
- Management of HR issues (with support from HRBP) including recruitment, employee relations, staff development, absence management and employee development reviews (EDR).
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the continued development and delivery of an effective health service.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- Produce and interpret key management information. Identify relevant data requirements.
- Forecast future service requirements (activity levels)
- Coordinate the production and dissemination of reports, documents and information to ensure all staff and key stakeholders are informed.
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, analysing information and making recommendations to enable continuous service improvement and development.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Be prepared to undertake training and development appropriate to role.
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary hearing as agreed with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Criteria for Practice Manager:
- Experience of leading and working within a team
- Evidence of managerial experience
- Evidence of ability to manage budgets
- Evidence of further development of own managerial practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Manage challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Nurse (RMN / RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - HMP Rye Hill, Rugby
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Administrator
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Resettlement Case Worker
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Part Time Clinical Psychologist
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire