PNC AdministratorLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £20,200 per annum based on full time 40 hours per week, worked on a shift pattern of 4 on, 4 off. | Posted: 13 Nov 2019 | Closes: 29 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G19143
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a PNC Administrator at our Headquarters based in Nettleham.
he successful candidates will maintain and interrogate Police Computer Systems, to quality control the accuracy and validity of information held in accordance with Force Policy, National Guidance and the Data Protection Act 1984. They will promote equality of opportunity to the people of Lincolnshire and treat all individuals fairly with dignity and respect. If successful, you will provide a high quality, customer focused administrative support.
Please note interviews for this role are due to take place week commencing Monday 2nd December 2019.
- Responsible for the inputting, updating, finalisation and quality control of all crime information directly onto Niche RMS, PNC and other force computer systems in line with the National Crime Recording Standards and in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Responsible for the input, amendment and the deletion of information held on force computer systems including Niche RMS and PNC. Information is received via an array of communications including officers, members of the public, police staff, courts and other agencies in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Carry out enquiries on force computer systems to assist investigating officers, partner and external agencies.
- Deal with enquiries on persons arrested or reported for offences recordable on PNC, interrogating PNC and Niche RMS to retrieve and summarise data in the required format.
- Undertake back record conversion creating, correcting and editing records where necessary including making contact with the courts and other agencies to clarify information.
- Carry out weeding of the computer system files making decisions based on local and nationally agreed criteria and Data Protection principles.
- Generate management information reports as requested on local statistics and crime information.
- Answer telephone enquiries from members of the public and provide the appropriate advice and guidance as necessary.
- Undertake other clerical and administrative tasks as required including maintenance of data quality.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Delivering Objectives
- Dealing with Complexity
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering great Customer Service
- Sharing and Co-Operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrates experience of extensive inputting and retrieval of data on computer systems
- Previous work experience within a computerised office environment
- Ability to enter, interrogate and retrieve information from computer systems
- Is able to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing avoiding jargon.
- Able to use listening and questioning techniques to elicit relevant information.
- Demonstrates skills in planning, co-ordinating and prioritising workloads.
- Demonstrates the ability to check, collate and analyse information.
- Able to use own initiative and work unsupervised.
- Able to work within an environment focussed on achieving performance targets
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Police National Computer and competent in the use of Names, Vehicles and Property.
- Demonstrates an ability to complete workloads within set timescales
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of Police procedures and working practices including NCRS and NSIR, Home Office regulations and basic law.
- Has the ability to develop strong working relationships with members of staff.
- Demonstrates a flexible / adaptable approach to working practices.
Jobs that might be of interest:Support Services Administrator/Property Stores Person
Apply now Early Morning Cleaner
Apply now Cleaning Operative
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Bank Cleaner - North Cambridgeshire Hospital
Location: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Apply now Cleaning Operative
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire