Plumber Wolverhampton £30,000
PlumberLocation: Wolverhampton | Salary: £30,000 | Posted: 2 Feb 2022 | Closes: 23 Mar 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11029
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Oakwood, Wolverhampton, WV10 7QD
Salary £30,000 per annum
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
We looking to recruit an experienced Plumber to join our Facilities Management team at HMP Oakwood nr Wolverhampton.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the plumbing and maintenance of the site infrastructure along with carrying out the normal day to day Planned Maintenance (PM) programme of works.
- Responsible for any correction work/plumbing emergency work that may arise due to faults or ongoing maintenance of plumbing systems to prevent emergencies arising.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings, valves, fixtures and plumbing systems equipment.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Maintain accurate records in line with policy and health and safety on materials and labour used.
- Ensure that all equipment is in a safe operating condition by frequent testing of plumbing systems to identify leaks and other faults.
- Complete and close CMMS and PM work orders appropriately.
- Work with sub contactors that attend site ensuring they are properly supervised at all times and carts any work out appropriately.
- Correct unsafe conditions in the work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the Senior Lead Engineer/ Head of FM.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner & follow the applicable safe systems of work for the role
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods
- The duties and responsibilities listed within this job description are not exhaustive and the job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- City and Guilds 6035 level 3 diploma in plumbing.
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Good organisational skills
- Previous experience of working on a complex large multi-site.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Security Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - PART TIME
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire