Plumber Wolverhampton £25,572.19
PlumberLocation: Wolverhampton | Salary: £25,572.19 | Posted: 3 Dec 2021 | Closes: 28 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11006
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Oakwood, Wolverhampton, WV10 7QD
Salary £25,572.19 per annum
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
We looking to recruit an experienced Plumber to join our Facilities Management team at HMP Oakwood nr Wolverhampton.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver both planned and reactive maintenance to assets, building fabric, services and utilities in order to maintain a safe and decent environment across the prison estate.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, mechanical equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all mechanical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced within a mechanical engineer discipline. ( City & Guilds / Level 3 NVQ in mechanical craft studies or equivalent)
- Industrial / Plumbing installations
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- Specialism’s in HVAC systems, Gas systems /equipment maintenance.(Gas Safe qualified)
- A/C repairs & maintenance.
- Legionella & WRAS Controls and regulations.
- Experience of BMS systems.
- Full, clean driving license
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now HR Administrator
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - PART TIME