Plumber BRIDGEND £22,000 - £23,000
PlumberLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 | Posted: 1 Oct 2019 | Closes: 29 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8124
HM Prison Parc, Bridgend
Salary range: £22,000 - £23,000 per annum
Full Time (40 Hours per week) plus On call rota
As the world’s leading security solutions group with operations in over 120 countries and more than 625,000 employees worldwide, G4S is a truly unique company. We’re bigger, more diverse and involved in more fascinating, cutting-edge projects than many people would imagine and we now have an opportunity for a Plumber to join our team at HMP & YOI Parc, a category B prison, in Bridgend, South Wales, currently holding over 1600 men and young people in a secure but modern environment.
Within this exciting and challenging role, the successful candidate will maintain and repair assets, building fabric, services and utilities across the prison estate.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, mechanical equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all mechanical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation/regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced within a mechanical engineer discipline. (City & Guilds / Level 3 NVQ in mechanical craft studies or equivalent)
- Industrial / Plumbing Installations.
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance.
- Specialism’s in HVAC systems, Gas systems /equipment maintenance.(Gas Safe qualified)
- A/C repairs & maintenance.
- Legionella & WRAS Controls and regulations.
- Experience of BMS systems.
- Full, clean driving license
At G4S, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. We are seeking to recruit a caring, pro-active and confident professional to help make a real difference to their lives.
If you join us, you will find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, generous holiday entitlement, uniform and access to our on-site gym.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 10 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
HMP & YOI Parc is committed to a clean air policy for the wellbeing of its staff, and to protect them from the risks of passive smoking. Our prison is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in any area of the establishment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Senior Helpdesk Administrator
Apply now Bank Nurse
Apply now Lead Health Care Professional
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Part Time Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset