Plumber Wolverhampton, West Midlands £24,383.31
PlumberLocation: Wolverhampton, West Midlands | Salary: £24,383.31 | Posted: 10 Apr 2019 | Closes: 24 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7752
HMP Oakwood, Featherstone, Nr Wolverhampton
Salary range : £24,383.31 per annum
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
We looking to recruit an experienced Plumber to join our team at HMP Oakwood.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain and repair mechanical & electrical assets, building fabric, services and estate that are the responsibility of FM on site.
- Operate planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Safe and proper use of tools and secure use of tools and equipment
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security equipment and services on site.
- Diagnosing faults on all M & E support systems and rectifying where within levels of competence.
- Repair and installation of plumbing pipework and associated fittings
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and repairs.
- Assisting in development of maintenance routines and procedures and preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in team roster and on call emergency call out arrangements.
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified and experienced mechanical engineer
- NVQ Level 2 or above in plumbing
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- High level specialism’s such as LTHW , Plate Heat exchangers, air handling units , pump fault diagnosis and repair
- Full, clean driving license
- NHS or Prison maintenance experience
Jobs that might be of interest: