Planning Director: Cash Planning and Recycling (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Centurion Market related
Planning Director: Cash Planning and Recycling (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 18 Nov 2020 | Closes: 30 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/200850
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Cash Planning and Recycling Director
G4S has a vacancy for a Cash Planning and Recycling Director based in Centurion.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Planning Director is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the planning, forecasting and recycling process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main Purpose of Position:
The Cash Planning & Recycling Director leads a team to develop, implement and embed “best in class” integrated supply chain approach within the Cash Operations business. Recycling of cash business scenarios to optimise the SA Cash Ecosystem and enable availability of cash for customer supply as close as possible to Just In Time. Planning for ATM’s and CIT optimisation is also included.
Effective management of the financial performance
Identify and achieve new revenue generating opportunities
- Reduction of fixed and variable costs / % improvement
PBITA improvement / budget achievement
- Escalations achieved against budget
Overhead cost control
- Overhead % compared with budget
- Overhead cost reduction
- Reduce banking fees
Manage cash flow
- Improve effective usage of liquidity
Effective management of staff within the function and support the regional teams
- Organizational structure fully staffed,
- Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with management team and ensure cascading through the organization as appropriate
- Monitor performance and provide feedback
- Succession Planning in place, updated and practiced
- Determine training needs for direct reports (in line with training and HR policy). Arrange for attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions and coach staff as needed.
- In conjunction with the National Operations Training Manager, ensure operations training is sufficient and effective
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Hold management team meetings and communicate to all regional operations director and their staff through those briefings
- Ensure maximum participation in Employee survey and action planning
- Foster healthy Industrial Relations with relevant unions with regular contact and consultations
Effective management of supply chain operations
Quality of Service
- Ensure discipline achieves a satisfactory or better Audit rating ensuring a correction plan is in place and implemented if required.
- Streamlining of business processes to minimize waste and duplication and enhanced efficiencies
Shared Best Practice
- Specific examples of implementation of BP from other regions
Strategic Goal setting
- Identify key industry trends and market trends
- Identify long term priorities and ensure resourcing is adequate to achieve objectives
The provision of relevant support to the business, continuous improvement and associated management information activities
- Research and recommend the implementation of planning process techniques aligned with best practices
- Align cash supply chain processes to best practice
- Sustainability of business performance to be supported by effective, efficient and flexible processes
- Eliminate and reduce waste from supply chain operations
- Develop, implement and facilitate KPI Scorecard for Cash Operations
- improve key KPI’s through regular review meetings that aim to address gaps
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- B.Com (or equivalent) qualification an advantage
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in supply chain management
- Experience within a large national or multinational organisation
- Relevant experience in a Cash Operations entity will be highly advantageous
- South African security legislation (advantageous)
- HR regulations and acts
- Health and Safety legislation
- Financial Acumen
- Leading People
- Managing Professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Delivery Strategy
- Customer Thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
- Relationship Building
- Awareness of Market Environment
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Foreman
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Property Assistant - County Fermanagh
Location: County Fermanagh, United Kingdom
Apply now Security Supervisor
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Apply now Security Supervisor
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Apply now Sr. Construction Manager
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois