Physical Training Instructor BRIDGEND £22,929.22 - £26,719.49
Physical Training InstructorLocation: BRIDGEND | Salary: £22,929.22 - £26,719.49 | Posted: 15 Jul 2021 | Closes: 29 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10191
** INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY**
Physical Training Instructor
G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services
HMP Parc, Bridgend, CF35 6AP
Salary range : £22,929.22 - £26,719.49 per annum
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Within Custody and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP & YOI Parc accommodates 1038 convicted male adult prisoners and remand/ convicted young offenders and young people in a secure but modern environment.
We now have an opportunity for a Physical Training Instructor to join our team at HMP Parc.
The successful candidate will be required to promote and support a healthy lifestyle to all prisoners through participation in physical education activities, ensuring they are provided with safe, suitable and appropriate recreational fitness and sport opportunities. Perform prisoner custodial duties in line with contract requirements and relevant standards.
- Provide purposeful activity in Physical Education by promoting and encouraging all prisoner groups to actively participate in appropriate physical education activities.
- Devise, implement, maintain and review prison sports programmes
- Teach in a classroom and practical environment and assist in the development of educational material ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Provide a range of accredited Sport & PE Qualifications which can be utilised on release and in line with current Sport & Leisure trends.
- Liaising and Extending links with potential Employers and Organisations to provide employment opportunities for PE Learners
- Promote health & fitness; promote participation and enthusiasm in health education at all levels throughout the prison population
- Complete daily security requirements including maintaining an accurate roll at all times, tool and equipment accountability, searching.
- Actively promote and demonstrate a positive health & safety culture to support the recognition as a British Safety Council 5 * business unit.
- Complete all administration and documentation tasks associated with all accredited qualifications as required to meet the needs of the company, the contract and relevant external awarding bodies.
- Undertake the role of a Prisoner Custody Officer, as required, meeting contractual requirements and relevant standards including the wearing of operational uniform when undertaking this role.
- Provide the remedial gym program & assist with the Cardio Rehabilitation and Weight Loss program
- Input into tackling drugs through Physical Education
- Assist in supervising weekly Parc Run event
- Complete admin duties for example PE monitoring/Participation reports/PE surveys/Induction updates/confirm attendances for all classes
- Be constantly aware of Security in your day-to-day tasks and report any concerns to your line-manager or Security Department and complete an MIR where necessary.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are compliant with all relevant parts of the Local Security Strategy, working closely with the Security Department as required.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislation pertinent to your work area is implemented and adhered to at all times
- Report any Health & Safety concerns or issues to your line manager immediately
The Ideal Candidate:
- Education to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Level 2 PE instructor qualification or above
- Qualification or competent in supervising team sports IE football
- Sports Leaders qualification
- Climbing wall instructor certificate
- Park Run volunteering experience
- Experience of working within a busy PE environment
- Good IT & organisational skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Pays attention to detail
- Looks for continuous improvement
- Flexible approach to tasks and Shifts
- Friendly, welcoming, approachable
- Committed and Dedicated
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
We encourage applications from Welsh speaking candidates.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Custody and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Digital Content Creator
Apply now Prison Offender Manager
Apply now Senior Operational Manager
Apply now Weekend Play Area Support Worker
Apply now Operational Support Grade (OSG)