Pharmacy Technician Rugby, Warwickshire £26,000-£29,000
Pharmacy TechnicianLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £26,000-£29,000 | Posted: 17 May 2022 | Closes: 31 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11454
Salary: up to £26,000-£29,000 per annum
HMP Ryehill, CV23 8SZ
Full time, 40 hours per week (Monday-Sunday)
About our Site: G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence. From triage, chronic disease management to acute care.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding Pharmacy Technician role and want to develop your skills in an environment where no two days are the same then this could be the new job for you.
As a Pharmacy Technician you will assist in the delivery of a high quality pharmacy service. You can expect to provide medicines management to assist in tackling identified inequalities, contributing to diagnosis of care and treatment needs. This includes providing pharmacy related information to patients and other healthcare professionals ensuring that the level of advice given is appropriate to overcome barriers of understanding.
- To deliver professional advice and support to members of the prison healthcare team and patients regarding their medicines and general health education so they are appropriately informed whilst working within their level of competency
- To perform and/or assist the pharmacist with medicines reconciliation for new admissions and use reviews when required by the service
- To be able to risk assess patients for their medicines possession status within G4S policy and advise the prescriber accordingly
- To know own limitations and when to refer to another healthcare professional
- Assesses patients own drugs for suitability for continued use.
- Ensure consistency of supply of medicines for individuals receiving complicated medicine regimens including medicines sourced and supplied by tertiary care centres.
- Facilitate the supply of medication for patients attending court or being transferred
- Identify patients planned for discharge and ensure discharge medicines (TTOs) are prepared and available at the time of discharge.
- Assist in providing assurance of medicines safety and security within G4SH in line with RPS standards for medicines optimisation in secure settings (Edition 2)
- Ensure the cost-effective use of resources and minimise wastage. Assist in the delivery of medicines management strategies to deliver prudent prescribing at HMP Altcourse
- Carry out daily compliance checks.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician
- BTEC in pharmaceutical science or NVQ Level 3 supported by appropriate underpinning knowledge e.g. BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences, NPA or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Passport for clearance
- Experience of working within an NHS managed healthcare environment-e.g. hospital, CCG,
- Experience of managing Pharmacy staff,
- Independent prescriber,
- Experience of working within a secure environment,
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Crisis Worker
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon
Apply now Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Location: Liverpool, Liverpool