Pharmacist (Part time) Liverpool, Merseyside £24,809
Pharmacist (Part time)Location: Liverpool, Merseyside | Salary: £24,809 | Posted: 5 Sep 2019 | Closes: 31 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7946
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse in Liverpool is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
We are recruiting for a Pharmacist to join our team at HMP Altcourse
Benefits as a Pharmacist
- Salary of £24,809 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: 24 hours per week (Part Time)
Job Outline: To be responsible for the leadership and management of the Pharmacy service within the prison and to deliver pharmacy service that is evidence based and measurable and in line with medicine management policy and procedure.
- Support the Chief Pharmacist and Healthcare Management Team with service improvement projects that contribute to the excellent Pharmacy Service
- Provides leadership that challenges traditional practices and encourages innovation problem solving amongst staff with focus on implementation of prison wide developments.
- To lead on Medicines Management within the prison working autonomously to ensure that service delivery is equal to that in the community.
- Represent the Pharmacy Department at Quarterly Integrated Governance Meetings.
- Provide regular comprehensive advice and support to GP partners and SMT in dealing with complex concerns, complaints and clinical incidents.
- Support the Chief Pharmacist and Head of Healthcare on the production, implementation and review of policies and procedures.
- Line manage Pharmacy staff ensuring that the each have job description, annual appraisal and objectives.
- Promotes the active involvement of users and staff in the development of services.
- Work with the GP team to provide a medication review service to enable patients to discuss any problems experienced with medication.
- Support the prescribing of in-possession medication where appropriate, whilst minimizing risk of misuse or abuse
- Support patients to take over the counter therapy or signpost to alternative services.
- Promote Public Health Wales campaigns within the prison setting. Eg. Flu vaccination
- Develop and monitor clinical audits in relation to medicine management
- Contribute to admission and discharge to minimize disruption to medicine supply and ensure that patients are provided with adequate supply of medication on release and transfer.
- Responsible for keeping Pharmacy budget within agreed targets and to implement strategies for cost improvements
- Produces regular statistical reports for prison management and SMT to include key trends
- Ensure the safety and confidentiality of information held both manually and electronically.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Knowledge
- Registered Pharmacist with GPhC Masters degree or equivalent in Pharmacy
- Post-graduate diploma/MSc in relevant Pharmacy area or equivalent documented experience
- Able to demonstrate experience of providing specialist pharmacy services.
- Experience of writing and implementing business plans
- Experience of project management
- Experience of managing Pharmacy staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Capacity to think strategically and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate effective partnership working
- Ability to motivate and manage staff effectively
- Practicing member of RPS
- Independent/Supplementary prescriber
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams within a secure setting
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest: