Payroll Coordinator Essex £21,665.83
Payroll CoordinatorLocation: Essex | Salary: £21,665.83 | Posted: 14 Oct 2021 | Closes: 9 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10679
Head Office/Home Based. Workforce Department, Chelmsford, CM1 2QE
Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
The Payroll Coordinator will administer and coordinate payroll aspects for assigned areas of the Health business. The jobholder is responsible for
ensuring that support functions are carried out effectively and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
▪ Creation and maintenance of timesheets, salary advice sheets to include a breakdown of cost centers, mileage logs and annual holiday logs
▪ Capturing sickness and statutory payment data
▪ Timesheet and invoice reconciliations, recording timesheet and invoice data
▪ Processing employee expenses
▪ Work with systems in place for requirements, within legislated deadlines including full
▪ Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries
▪ General finance admin assistance during quieter periods in the month, including but not
limited to raising purchase orders, purchase invoice processing, credit control
▪ Have sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Apps
▪ To provide support for the business area, in conjunction with the company support functions,
ensuring appropriate systems, processes and controls are in place
▪ Be responsible for ensuring payroll functions are carried out effectively.
▪ To provide relevant reports and data on a monthly basis prior to accounts review
▪ To ensure that key information for the monthly payroll is up to date, accurate and compliant
with current legislation
▪ This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on the requirements of
The Ideal Candidate:
▪ Delivering Objectives
▪ Dealing with complexity
▪ Ability to work alone
▪ Acting professionally
▪ Supporting and working with others
▪ Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
▪ Detail conscious
▪ Sound inter -personal skills
▪ Well-developed skills on Microsoft Office/Google Apps
▪ Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
▪ Payroll experience
▪ Strong communication skills
▪ A resilient team player with great drive, enthusiasm and passion.
▪ Experience in working with Healthcare professionals.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Crisis Worker
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner- Doctor
Apply now Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD
Location: Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG]