Payroll Clerk Stockton on Tees, Durham £20,150- £23,363
Payroll ClerkLocation: Stockton on Tees, Durham | Salary: £20,150- £23,363 | Posted: 8 Mar 2019 | Closes: 5 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7645
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Payroll Clerk to join our central team in Stockton-On-Tees
Benefits as a Payroll Clerk:
- Salary of £20,150-£23,363 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
The post holder will provide invaluable payroll support to the NE Prisons. They will liaise with all Payroll staff as part of a busy team, calculating and processing monthly payroll for approximately 300 staff employed by G4S Healthcare Services. The post holder will provide invaluable support to the Heads of Healthcare and Administration managers when processing monthly payroll reports. The post holder will also be the lead for the Electronic Rostering system implementation.
- Accurately process high volumes of staff record sheets on a monthly basis.
- Deal promptly, efficiently and accurately with all employee payroll queries.
- Respond to enquiries via telephone, email, post or in person in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Review all pre-payroll reports for errors and rectify in line with Payroll cut-off dates.
- Process accurate and timely data input for new starters, changers and leavers, ensuring compliance with published payroll cut-off dates, the quality and integrity of data and that appropriate housekeeping is undertaken in a timely manner and meets quality standards.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating own knowledge in relation to Agenda for Change (AFC) Terms and Conditions in relation to enhancement payments for accurate payroll reporting.
- To assist in audit requirements, locating information and dealing with queries as requested.
- Work alongside the Internal Recruiter and the vetting team, hiring manager and G4S recruitment manager to track and report on the status of candidates in the screening process.
- Collate, produce and distribute management information and statistics so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information to enable informed decision making.
- Ensure all verbal and written communications and data which is processed, stored and disposed of is compliant with quality standards and GDPR at all times.
- To control and quality check all documentation received in relation to payroll forms.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner and meets audit requirements. Maintain an up to date and accurate filing system.
- Responsible for quarterly NMC Registration checks.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- Build positive relationships and works well as part of a team. Is flexible and able to support other team members as required.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls, ensuring messages are prioritised and delivered in a timely manner.
- Answer enquiries and directing other more complex enquiries to the appropriate person.
- Undertake as required, other duties in keeping with the general nature of the position as a reasonable request from your Line Manager.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the function/department so they are available when required.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Be prepared to undertake training and development appropiate to role.
- Cross site working.
The Ideal Candidate:
- NVQ Level 3 Business
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully processing payroll to tight timescales.
- Demonstrate the ability to approach problems in an analytical and systematic way.
- Experience of Payroll Systems - KRONOS
- Experience of working within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Proven experience in office systems with advanced use of Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Flexibility as cross site working may be required.
- Own transport and full clean driving license.
- Qualification in Payroll Management.
- Experience of working within a Healthcare Environment.
- Experience of working within Agenda for Change (AFC) Pay Scale.
- Experience of working within a Secure Environment.
- Understanding/experience of Electronic Rostering Systems.
Jobs that might be of interest:Male SARC Crisis Worker / Engagement Officer
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Staff Nurse
Location: Brasside, Durham
Apply now Staff Nurse