Payroll and Billing Administrator Richmond Competitive
Payroll and Billing AdministratorLocation: Richmond | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 9 Jan 2020 | Closes: 9 Feb 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2817232/181375
Payroll & Billing Administrator
The Payroll & Billing Administrator is responsible for the processing of bi-weekly payroll, accounts payable duties and assisting in the preparation and submission of billing to the client. Reporting into the P&B Manager, the Administrator will form part of the departmental team and work to deliver the timely and accurate submission of payroll for more than 1,600 hourly employees across 21 airports in British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Ensure timely biweekly payroll processing of approximately 1600 hourly unionized employees - pay rate changes, new hires, allowances, pay worked and non-worked hours using correct pay type
- Manually key in timesheet data to Timegate for airports which have no access to the system
- Analysis of overtime pay
- Reconciliation of Timegate hours and SITT to ensure worked hours are paid accurately
- Coordinate with base administrators to clear reconciliation variances
- Prepare time cards (in Excel) for ADP import
- Review validity of pay discrepancies and prepare necessary adjustments
- Request EFT for qualified payments
- Calculation of COLA/VRSC/LEAP and stat average pay
- Manually track accumulated hours for pay upgrade
- Update pay rates in ADP
- Code payables, process them in People Soft and transmit to head office for payment
- Follow up unapproved payables
- Assist in the preparation of CATSA invoice
- Prepare detailed payroll reports (ex.Pay Discrepancy Report, Overtime Report)
- Provide assistance to sites on payroll process changes
- Maintain payroll records
- Update payroll reports – ex. overtime, pay discrepancies
- Other Payroll duties as required
The Ideal Candidate:
FORMAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Diploma or University degree in business, finance or payroll-related discipline; or more than 2 years of payroll-related experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work on stat holidays where required
- Must be eligible to apply for Federal Secret Security Clearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google suite
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Accountable and dependable in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of current payroll practices and related statutory requirements
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with peers, employees, and vendors
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
- Payroll Certified Practitioner (PCP) designation
- Experience dealing with multiple unions among the same workforce
- Experience with ADP, Peoplesoft and Timegate systems
About the Company:
G4S Aviation, a division of G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., provides screening services to YVR and 20 other airports throughout British Columbia and the Yukon in partnership with the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, ony those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Jobs that might be of interest: