Payroll and Billing Administrator - Technology Division Mississauga, Ontario Competitive
Payroll and Billing Administrator - Technology DivisionLocation: Mississauga, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 1 Nov 2018 | Closes: 1 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/131614
Payroll and Billing Administrator
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Within the limits of company policies and established procedures, authorized budgets, and with the approval of the Business Support Services Manager, the Payroll and Billing Administrator is responsible for payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable within a specified District/Region. Occasional support to other branches may be required on an as needed basis
To ensure that operational goals are met or exceeded through effective administration and timely processing of payroll and billing functions.
Specific Task or Responsibilities:
- Maintain day-to-day required payroll and billing administrative responsibilities as necessary.
- Verify reports generated from scheduling system ensure completeness and accuracy of the weekly data input.
- Resolve all the scheduling errors before closing out for the payroll run; ensure all billable items are included for invoicing.
- Generate invoices from the system and dispatch them to the specific customers on a timely manner.
- Ensure pay and bill rates in the system are in line with customer contracts
- Provide necessary information to the operations (RVP/General Manger/Schedulers) on a regular basis, develop and maintain a healthy relationship with the relevant stake holders
- Process relevant paper work for biweekly payroll processing
- Perform pay and billing adjustments based on the requests received from operations/braches process the adjustments based on Manager’s approval.
- Perform regular invoice follow up’s on past due invoices and send reminders to customers, if any disputes reported resolve them within a reasonable time.
- Accounts Payable – ensure vendors as well as subcontractors are paid on time
- Ensure G4S is not behind on payments to vendors and subcontractors
- General Office administration – ensuring coffee, stationary and supplies are available at all times
- Reporting on Technician utilization and efficiency, margin reporting and other reports as needed
- Resolution of customer/client billing issues
- Updating of all files required for weekly/monthly budgeting
- Set up of new suppliers, contractors and vendors
- Back up to Service coordinator position
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Formal academic training in business administration (college preferred) and/or the equivalent in experience
- Minimum 3-5 years work-related experience in an Payroll/Billing/Collections role, preferably in the Security Industry
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of Web flex/Time gate and pay/invoicing software
- Strong organizational skills • SuperiourSuperior customer service orientation
- Understanding and comprehension of financial concepts and terminology
- Identify details and alternatives
- Analytical skills to identify areas of improvement and develop/maintain systems, policies and programs, create reports
- Knowledge of relevant security and employment legislation
- Prepare and produce reports and statistical analyses to the Divisional RVP and Shared Services
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize several tasks simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and strict deadlines
- Promotes health & safety in the workplace
- Manage invoicing and the purchase order process
Other Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Prior administrative experience in a diverse environment
- Experience working in a service environment is an asset
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.
Jobs that might be of interest: