Patient Transport Logistics Officer Fitzrovia, Greater London £24,600
Patient Transport Logistics OfficerLocation: Fitzrovia, Greater London | Salary: £24,600 | Posted: 29 May 2019 | Closes: 12 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7744
Patient Transport Logistics Officer
UCLH, NW1 2BU
Full time, 45 hours per week
£24,600 per annum plus 10% bonus based on performance indicators
Main Purpose of the role:
- To work as part of a small team.
- To provide an effective and timely communication link with the public and health care professionals.
- Assisting resource coordinator with vehicle related tasks.
- Receiving patient transport bookings.
- When required assist centralised control with Planning and dispatching vehicles and staff to respond to all bookings requests.
- Deliver on-line booking training to Trust employees.
- Basic administration duties.
- Answer service queries / complaints
- Attend Trust meetings
- To provide effective telephone answering to the general public, health care professionals, services users and other agencies
- To receive and record all aspects of patient related information on computer terminal
- To pass journey details by telephone and mobile data terminals to vehicle crew staff and update computer system of action taken
- To liaise with all G4S Patient Transport Contracts, staff and other agencies using the telephone and e-mail.
- To undertake duties within service procedures and instructions to ensure that performance standards are achieved
- Participate in on-going service quality review
- To undertake administrative duties as directed
- Filing as appropriate and as directed
- Other duties appropriate as may be required from time to time
- To attend/participate in any training deemed appropriate and necessary to ensure effective performance and personal development
- To assist with special projects as and when required
- Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and to adhere to all statutory legislation
- This position is subject to standard G4S appraisal processes
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within a customer orientated organisation
- Experience using a telephone and e-mail as a regular means of communication in a work environment
- Experience of working in a call centre environment
- Experience of using ‘Cleric’ or similar computerised scheduling and control system
- Route planning & scheduling recourses
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance.
- Inquisitive mind and proven questioning skills.
- An assertive but empathetic manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- IT skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be tactful and diplomatic as required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of Service procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work to defined procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Willing to participate in the development of the service.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience
- Geographical knowledge of the London and South East area
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Driver - UCLH
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Driver (Care Assistant) - Maidstone
Apply now Senior Rota Coordinator
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Part Time Nurse (RGN)
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex