Patient Transport Liaison Officer WC1E 6AS 25289.00
Patient Transport Liaison OfficerLocation: WC1E 6AS | Salary: 25289.00 | Posted: 29 Jul 2022 | Closes: 26 Aug 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 12204
Patient Transport Liaison Officer (PTLO)
Location: University College Hospital London (NW1 2PG)
Full Time 45 hours per week (various shifts available)
We are seeking enthusiastic people with a caring disposition to join our team at University College Hospital London.
As a Patient Transport Liaison Officer (PTLO) you will ensure the effective, efficient and safe day-to-day resource of operations by coordinating the distribution of patient journey’s and managing the operational staff.
You will also be responsible for providing an effective and timely communication link with the Public and Healthcare Professionals and answering any service queries or complaints.
- To provide effective telephone answering to the general public, health care professionals, services users and other agencies.
- To receive and record all aspects of patient related information on computer terminal.
- To fully utilise the control system in recording patient related information, planning patients to the Specialist Medical Vehicles and controlling the all Specialist Medical Services resources.
- To pass journey details by telephone and mobile data terminals to vehicle crew staff and update computer system of action taken.
- To liaise with all G4S Patient Transport Contracts, staff and other agencies using the telephone and e-mail.
- To undertake duties within service procedures and instructions to ensure that performance standards are achieved.
- Participate in on-going service quality review.
- To undertake administrative duties as directed.
- Filing as appropriate and as directed.
- Other duties appropriate as may be required from time to time.
- To attend/participate in any training deemed appropriate and necessary to ensure effective performance and personal development.
- To assist with special projects as and when required
- Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and to adhere to all statutory legislation.
- This position is subject to standard G4S appraisal processes
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, using a telephone and e-mail as a regular means of communication.
- Ability to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks effectively, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance.
- Inquisitive mind and proven questioning skills.
- An assertive, but empathetic manner with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate the ability to be tactful and diplomatic as required.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of Service procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work to defined procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service.
- Good general level of education and knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Experience within a customer orientated organisation.
- Experience of using ‘Cleric’ or similar computerised scheduling and control system.
- Route planning & scheduling resources.
- Willing to participate in the development of the service.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience.
- Geographical knowledge of the contracted area.
Covid vaccinations are preferred
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass - subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Patient Transport Liaison Officer
Location: WC1E 6AS
Apply now Clinical Lead Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD
Location: Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG]
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver)
Location: WC1E 6AS
Apply now SARC Clinical Director