Patient Transport Liaison Officer Kent £9.50
Patient Transport Liaison OfficerLocation: Kent | Salary: £9.50 | Posted: 8 Jun 2022 | Closes: 3 Aug 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11913
Patient Transport Liaison Officer (PTLO)
42.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Margate (CT9 4JS)
£9.50 per hour
Exciting opportunity for a PTLO to join the Patient Transport Services team in Margate, the Patient Transport Liaison Officer is responsible for supporting the acute hospital management teams with the effective and efficient management of patient journey bookings. In particular the PTLO will provide an robust communication link between patients, Healthcare Professionals and G4S frontline Ambulance crews to meet KPIs, reduce patient waiting times and prevent aborted journeys.
- Develop a strong working relationship with key ward staff to ensure effective lines of communication between G4S and ward staff.
- Work with ward staff to confirm that discharge patients are ready and fit to travel, including the provision of any TTO’s prior to being booked ready.
- Where required, completed a visual risk assessment to ensure the appropriate transport is booked for individual patients.
- Support the on-site team with future demand profiling by the early identification of patients who may be discharged within the next 24 hours.
- Support the on-site team to prioritise patients when acute hospitals are in a state of escalation.
- Liaise with G4S frontline crews to ensure they link up with their patients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support G4S crews with any complex manual handling requirements to safely move patients from their ward to the G4S transport.
- Promote the use of CLERIC on-line with Ward staff, supporting them with the system as required.
- Report any changes to patient conditions / transport requirements to the site controller to ensure it is captured on the G4S booking system
- To undertake duties within service procedures and instructions to ensure that performance standards are achieved
- To undertake administrative duties as directed.
- Other duties appropriate as may be required from time to time.
- To attend/participate in any training deemed appropriate and necessary to ensure effective performance and personal development.
- Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and to adhere to all statutory legislation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full driving license required
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Application of common sense approach
- Physically fit able to lift patients using correct manual handling procedures
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy
- The post holder must be willing to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment,
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and use initiative to make decisions, if required.
- Excellent oral and written communicative skills
- An assertive, but empathetic manner with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of using ‘Cleric’ or similar computerised scheduling and control system
- Geographical knowledge of the area
- Understanding of the NHS healthcare system
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Covid vaccinations are preferred
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Margate
Apply now Bank Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Margate
Apply now Bank Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver)
Location: Ashford, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver)
Location: CT3 3DW, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Ashford
Location: Ashford, Kent