Patient Transport Liaison Officer - Gillingham Gillingham, Kent £8.26
Patient Transport Liaison Officer - GillinghamLocation: Gillingham, Kent | Salary: £8.26 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 | Closes: 17 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7329
Patient Transport Liaison Officer
Medway Maritime Hospital, Gillingham
£8.26 Per Hour
- To provide effective telephone answering to the general public, health care professionals, services users and other agencies.
- To receive and record all aspects of patient related information on computer terminal.
- To fully utilise the control system in recording patient related information, planning patients to the Specialist Medical Vehicles and controlling the all Specialist Medical Services resources
- To pass journey details by telephone and mobile data terminals to vehicle crew staff and update computer system of action taken.
- To liaise with all G4S Patient Transport Contracts, staff and other agencies using the telephone and e-mail.
- To undertake duties within service procedures and instructions to ensure that performance standards are achieved.
- Participate in on-going service quality review.
- To undertake administrative duties as directed.
- Filing as appropriate and as directed.
- Other duties appropriate as may be required from time to time.
- To attend/participate in any training deemed appropriate and necessary to ensure effective performance and personal development.
- To assist with special projects as and when required.
- Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and to adhere to all statutory legislation.
- This position is subject to standard G4S appraisal processes
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience within a customer orientated organisation
- Experience using a telephone and e-mail as a regular means of communication in a work environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance.
- Inquisitive mind and proven questioning skills.
- An assertive but empathetic manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- IT skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be tactful and diplomatic as required.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of Service procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work to defined procedures and instructions.
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to the provision of an efficient and effective service
- Experience of working in a call centre environment
- Experience of using ‘Cleric’ or similar computerised scheduling and control system
- Route planning & scheduling recourses
- Willing to participate in the development of the service.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience
- Geographical knowledge of the London and South East area
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Bristol, City of
Apply now Part Time Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Bridgwater, Somerset
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner - Doctor
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire