Part time Vault Officer Basingstoke £12.55 per hour
Part time Vault OfficerLocation: Basingstoke | Salary: £12.55 per hour | Posted: 30 Apr 2021 | Closes: 16 May 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7079
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK. This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best Peopleand that all starts right here with You.
We currently have a number of opportunities for Vault Officers to join our team and be a part of our continued success. As a Vault Officer you will be at the very heart of our operation. Your primary responsibility will be all aspects of security and operations of the vaults including security and traceability of cash containers (including notes and coins) entering, within and leaving the vault department.. You will also need to work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Due to the nature of the industry in which we operate, you will need to be confident working to stringent procedures within a highly regulated environment. This will ensure that our service remains superior and that our customers’ requirements are met with optimum efficiency.
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function dealing with internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for ensuring accurate and secure loading/unloading of CIT, ATM and Trunker vehicles.
- Carry out daily Vault Audits, identifying and investigating discrepancies and report to management as necessary.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and ensure all staff are able to work in a safe manner.
- Control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bay(s) and branch where applicable.
- Must always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure records are retained and stored correctly.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Liaise with other departments, branches, customers and suppliers, as appropriate, to resolve issues and maintain service.
- Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, valuables, staff and premises is maintained at all times.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the vaults both routinely and in an emergency using appropriate security measures.
- Using a computerised system (Viper) to ensure an audit trail for all cash/containers is maintained at all times.
- Prepare consignments of customer funds for dispatch to vehicles.
- Full and proper use of mechanical handling equipment.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Issue, receive and maintain security of all keys held within the secure area .
- Monitor branch and vehicle holdings to ensure they are within insurance indemnities, reporting any potential breaches.
This job description will be subject to change in accordance with operational developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to pass a CRB check either obtained by Disclosure of Scotland or SIA Licence.
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Heavy lifting involved so must be physically fit
- Willing to undergo an airport style search when entering and leaving our premises
- Must be comfortable working within a secure, confined and highly regulated environment.
- Willing to undertake shift work
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Security conscious.
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, health checks, free uniform and childcare voucher scheme.
If this opportunity is of interest then we want to hear from you. Please click the “Apply Now” button to submit your formal application.
Please note that during probation there is a 60p deduction from the advertised hourly rate for the first 6 months, 30p reduction for the 2nd 6 months and then up to full on completion of first full year.
Jobs that might be of interest:SECURE DRIVER
Location: BATTERSEA SW8
Apply now G4S Graduate Manager (Future Leaders Programme)
Location: London (Battersea)
Apply now Section Manager
Apply now Secure Driver - Basingstoke
Apply now CIPHR TEST DO NOT APPLY