Part Time Patient Transport Liaison Officer Ilford, Essex £10.22
Part Time Patient Transport Liaison OfficerLocation: Ilford, Essex | Salary: £10.22 | Posted: 13 May 2022 | Closes: 3 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11779
Part Time Patient Transport Liaison Officer (PTLO)
£10.22 per hour
16 hours Contract (Mon & Tues - 08:00-17:00 or 10:00-19:00)
Barking, Havering and Redbridge
Queen's and St George's Hospitals - IG38YB/RM70AG
G4S Patient Transport Services are looking for a Part time Patient Transport Liaison Officer to work with us as part of our contract with the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
You will be working at both of our Hospital sites which are Queen's Hospital in Romford and St George's Hospital in Ilford.
Job Outline: The Patient Transport Liaison Officer is the first line of contact for patients and hospital staff. You will be required to act as a contact point for patients, Trust staff, the general public and other agency personnel in order to ensure their enquiries are appropriately dealt with in a professional and positive manner. You will promptly and accurately record information to enable the smooth running of the Patient Transport Service.
Act as a contact point for patients, Trust staff, the general public and other agency personnel in order to ensure their enquiries are appropriately dealt with in a professional and positive manner.
- Create and maintain both computerised and manual records in order that they can be accessed and audited.
- Establish special needs including mobility in order to achieve requirements for specialist resources.
- Undertake basic Administration tasks to support the Patient Transport function and management team as required in order to make best use of the unoccupied time.
- Be proactive in identifying journeys that require investigation or attention to achieve a “ready time”.
- Receive and input bookings into the Cleric software, ensuring patient and appointment requirements are accurate.
- To deliver excellent customer service as a representative of G4S.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Good standard of Education e.g. 3 GCSE’s at grade C or equivalent.
- Customer Service experience, ideally within the NHS or a Care environment (Minimum 1 year)
- Experience in the operation of computerised booking and resource scheduling systems.
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with client managers, patients and staff.
- Strong time management skills.
- Reliable and committed.
- The ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
- A flexible approach to working.
We offer our employees an immense range of exciting, rewarding and long term career opportunities and benefits where they can really make a difference in a meaningful way.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
You will also be provided with the opportunity to enrol into a company pension scheme and the G4S Life Assurance scheme.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Covid Infusion
Location: NW1 2PG, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Logistics Specialist
Location: NW1 2BU
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Royal National Orthpaedic Hospital
Location: Stanmore, Greater London
Apply now Service Delivery Manager
Location: NW1 2BU