Part time Nurse / Paramedic Avon and Somerset £17,475.60
Part time Nurse / ParamedicLocation: Avon and Somerset | Salary: £17,475.60 | Posted: 18 Jan 2022 | Closes: 15 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 9683
Location: Keynsham, Avon and Somerset
Shifts: 2 nights, 6 off (21 hours per week)
Salary: £17,475.60 per annum
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Nurse or Paramedic (HCP) in Keynsham
HCPs are RGNs or Paramedics who are qualified Healthcare Professionals. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team where you can become a key member of a highly respected organisation.If unpredictable shift work and long hours are taking their toll, then consider a move into this exciting profession as a HCP
We care for some of the most vulnerable people in society who are taken into custody suites. Operating with a much higher level of autonomy and independence to the NHS, your actions can be life-saving when you consider the physical and mental challenges of people with who often have a high dependency on drugs and alcohol, and exhibit difficult behaviours.
- Assessment & care of detainees and staff in custody suites.
- Forensic sampling, including road traffic offence bloods.
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments and management.
- Providing substance misuse therapies whilst in custody.
- Healthcare promotion, brief interventions & self-harm reduction.
- Referrals and Signposting to support wider vulnerabilities and the reduction of re-offending.
- Working collaboratively with Liaison and Diversion colleagues to identify wider vulnerabilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
You must have
- Right to work in the UK
- Continuously resided in the UK for the previous 3 years, with no more than 3 months spent overseas at any one time.
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Peripatetic Nurse / Paramedic (Gloucester & Wiltshire)
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: GLOUCESTER, Gloucestershire
Apply now Lead Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Weekend Ambulance Care Assistants (Drivers) - Gillingham
Location: Gillingham, Kent