Part Time Nurse / Paramedic Bridgwater, Somerset £16,830
Part Time Nurse / ParamedicLocation: Bridgwater, Somerset | Salary: £16,830 | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 21 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7465
Nurse / Paramedic
Shifts: 2 nights on, 6 off
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Nurse or Paramedic in the Bridgwater, Somerset area.
Benefits as a Nurse or Paramedic:
- Salary of £16,830 per annum (part time)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
This post will involve flexible working across a 24-hour shift rota (days, evenings and night shifts) in a 7 day a week service. You will be required to have access to private transport. Teamwork and flexibility are central to our approach, along with commitment and a “can do” attitude to working in this manner is fundamental.
To attend police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained, released, charged or transferred
- To carry out medical and forensic examinations in accordance with G4S Forensic and Medical Services
- To be available for court attendance when requested
- To treat the detained person as a patient with dignity and respect
The Ideal Candidate:
- HCPC paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/lone working role
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applicants are received.
Jobs that might be of interest:Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Exeter, Devon
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Bristol, City of
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Apply now Bank Nurse
Apply now Chaplain