Part Time Estate SurveyorLocation: London, UK | Salary: £50,000 to £57,000 per annum pro rata | Posted: 2 Aug 2022 | Closes: 31 Aug 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Group - Corporate | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2291
Competitive salary plus 5 weeks annual leave, plus bank holidays, Contributory pension scheme
This is a great opportunity for an Estate Surveyor to work within our Group Property Department. You would be part of a dedicated team of 3 – 5 individuals to deliver transactions to our internal clients.
The role of Estate Supervisor involves working with multiple teams and external advisors to manage transactions across the globe. Working on G4S’s international real estate portfolio spanning all global regions, industries and asset classes you will have the opportunity to build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders and with third party providers.
G4S is part of Allied Universal® the world’s leading security and facility services company, providing proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. With more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive.
This is a hybrid role, working 2 days a week from home and 1 day in the London Office. You will work 24 hours over 3 days.
The main responsibilities of a Estate Surveyor are:
- To provide professional advice and service to internal clients in support of the International Property Department’s objective to provide real estate services that align to the needs of the business.
- To assist and to develop streamlined processes on real estate policy and governance.
- Manage day to day responsibility for project/transaction delivery and reporting.
- Proactively look for and identify new opportunities to release value or avoid unnecessary costs in the G4S property portfolio.
- Manage external consultants to provide a full property service in an economic and effective way to support the G4S global business.
- Assist with the development and improvement of the Global Property function.
- Gather and act on business feedback.
Real Estate Portfolio for the Estate Surveyor:
- Own transaction mobilisation processes and ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely manner and to high quality standards
- Undertake portfolio key dates report and analysis
- Carry out financial modelling analysis – stay v. go scenarios etc.
- Assist with the preparation of formal business reviews and reporting to G4S business sectors.
- Manage acquisitions, disposals, lease extensions, lease terminations and surplus property activity globally.
- Be familiar with G4S corporate structure and seek to develop internal networks.
- Maintain high levels of communication with key business stakeholders with both written and verbal reports using digital channels
- Support the property team by contributing to presentations to the G4S businesses.
- Monitor and ensure legal compliance working with internal legal counsel.
- Track projects against agreed processes and schedules
- Use the internal property database to support and analyse real estate decisions and to identify revenue and cost saving opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for the Estate Surveyor will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience
- Ideally a member of the RICS
- Real estate general practice background for either corporate, public sector or private practice.
- Specific corporate real estate or transaction management experience beneficial.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of working in global property markets
- Experience of working in a large organisation.
- Rounded experience of general real estate and business skills.
- An understanding of client relationship management.
- High self-motivation and be driven.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Analytical and inquisitive with excellent attention to detail.
- Be innovative and creative with a concise and articulate approach to problem-solving.
- Credible, confident and articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills with the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders
- Business and report writing experience essential, with a strong eye for detail.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good level of numerical and analytical skills.
Please note, this role does not qualify for a visa under the current Government guidelines therefore to be considered for this role you must already have the right to work in the UK. Re-location costs will not be granted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide original documentation for detailed screening and vetting processes. These documents may include your passport, drivers license, utility bill (dated in the last 3 months), HMRC letter, an original bank statement, an original payslip, your birth certificate, a valid share code.
Jobs that might be of interest:Facilities Coordinator
Location: E1 0QF, Tower Hamlets
Apply now Hard Services Manager
Apply now Facilities Coordinator
Location: E2 7RG, Tower Hamlets
Apply now Cleaner
Location: E2 7NQ, Tower Hamlets
Apply now Facilities Coordinator