Part Time Call Handler Chelmsford, Essex £9.86
Part Time Call HandlerLocation: Chelmsford, Essex | Salary: £9.86 | Posted: 10 Nov 2021 | Closes: 5 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10609
Call Handler – G4S Patient Transport Services
Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1GU
£9.86 per hour
Flexible shift patterns working up to 30 hours per week, with the potential to split the week between office and homeworking
The Call Handler is the first point of contact for anyone wishing to query or chase a Patient Transport journey.
The Call Handler's role is predominantly to take enquiries from Patients, Patient Representatives, Care Homes or Healthcare Professionals.
You will work as part of a team to carry out the above functions and represent G4S Healthcare within the NHS.
You will communicate effectively and liaise with Patients, Health Care Professionals and Senior on-call management.
Other Key Responsibilities will include:
- Escalate any issues to Senior Controllers where the patient journey may be at risk of failure.
- Keep up to date and complete training as requested.
- Be aware of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Follow all appropriate safety procedures and report any potential hazards or possible misuse of the service to the Team Leader.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A professional attitude, calm disposition and excellent telephone manner is paramount for this position.
- Experience of working in a safeguarding environment and completing safeguarding documentation.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask whilst paying strong attention to detail.
We offer our employees an immense range of exciting, rewarding and long term career opportunities and benefits where they can really make a difference in a meaningful way.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
You will also be provided with the opportunity to enrol into a company pension scheme and the G4S Life Assurance scheme.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Rota Coordinator
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Apply now Audit and Assurance Coordinator
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now Administrator - Safer Custody
Location: Wolverhampton, Birmingham
Apply now Customer Experience Agent - EASS
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley
Apply now Mental Health Administrator
Location: Liverpool, Liverpool