Part Time Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) Canterbury, Kent £9.50
Part Time Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver)Location: Canterbury, Kent | Salary: £9.50 | Posted: 4 Jul 2022 | Closes: 1 Aug 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11803
Part Time Ambulance Care Assistant / Driver
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Part Time, 19 hours per week (Various Shifts Available)
Full Training provided
G4S Patient Transport Services are seeking enthusiastic people with a caring disposition to join our team based in Aylesham, Canterbury.
We transport patients to and from hospital safely, comfortably and on time. We work in partnership with NHS Trusts for the benefit of patients and to provide a high quality service. Our staff are highly trained and our vehicles are clean and well equipped to maintain or improve quality of life whilst patients are in our care.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again. This role involves driving or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness.
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed and manoeuvring patients in wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary. Ensure patients are safely seated whilst in transit.
- Ensure the use of appropriate equipment and approved manual handling techniques.
- Maintain the cleanliness and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment.
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property.
- Liaise and report to Control as directed within operational procedures in updating location and status and respond appropriately to instructions.
- Upon arrival at the place of treatment, convey patients to the appropriate location within the building.
- Provide support as directed to other agencies in the event of serious injury or emergency.
- To be flexible on a daily basis to support all PTS hospitals/locations where applicable.
- Maintain records as appropriate.
- Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and adhere to all statutory legislation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required.
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift and support patients.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients.
Please note that commitment to 2 weeks of training is mandatory, for which you will be paid.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Nights
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Apply now Bank Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver)
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Crisis Worker
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Location: Liverpool, Liverpool