Part time Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford Dartford, Kent £9.29
Part time Ambulance Care Assistant - DartfordLocation: Dartford, Kent | Salary: £9.29 | Posted: 20 Dec 2021 | Closes: 14 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10716
Ambulance Care Assistants – Full training will be provided
Location: Dartford, Kent DA1 1RT
Salary: £9.29 per hour
Part time 12 hours, 45 minutes per week Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.
Shift times either (10:00-14:15 OR 14:00-18:15)
G4S Patient Transport Services are seeking enthusiastic people with a caring disposition to join our team based in Dartford
We transport patients to and from hospital safely, comfortably and on time. We work in partnership with NHS Trusts for the benefit of patients and to provide a high quality service. Our staff are highly trained and our vehicles are clean and well equipped to maintain or improve quality of life whilst patients are in our care.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again. This role involves driving or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness.
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed and manoeuvring patients in wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary. Ensure patients are safely seated whilst in transit.
- Ensure the use of appropriate equipment and approved manual handling techniques.
- Maintain the cleanliness and ensure the routine daily checks of designated vehicles are carried out prior to deployment.
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property.
- Liaise and report to Control as directed within operational procedures in updating location and status and respond appropriately to instructions.
- Upon arrival at the place of treatment, convey patients to the appropriate location within the building.
- Provide support as directed to other agencies in the event of serious injury or emergency.
- To be flexible on a daily basis to support all PTS hospitals/locations where applicable.
- Maintain records as appropriate.
- Comply with all G4S instructions, procedures, guidelines, protocols, policies and relevant systems and adhere to all statutory legislation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required.
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift and support patients.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients.
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to enrol into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
Other benefits and rewards of working for such a large organisation are:
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Please note that commitment to 2 weeks of training is mandatory, for which you will be paid.
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - UCLH
Location: NW1 2PG, Greater London
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Weekend Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant / Driver - Tonbridge
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Apply now Patient Transport Liaison Officer