Part time Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford Dartford, Kent £9.02
Part time Ambulance Care Assistant - DartfordLocation: Dartford, Kent | Salary: £9.02 | Posted: 24 Sep 2021 | Closes: 22 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: UK Patient Transport Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10537
Ambulance Care Assistants – Full training will be provided
Location: Dartford, Kent DA1 1RT
Salary: £9.02 per hour (salary subject to change/increase in line with pay negotiations with trade union officials.)
Part Time 19 hours per week (various shifts available)
We are seeking enthusiastic, people with a caring disposition to join our team at our Dartford Base. As an ambulance care assistant (ACA) you will play an important role transporting patients for hospital appointments and ensuring they return safely home again.
The role involves driving, or assisting as part of a crew, patients with different requirements based on their mobility classification. The job purpose is to provide and maintain a caring environment for these patients and provide a safe transport service, maintaining high standards of patient and timeliness.
Full comprehensive training is provided for the first 2-3 weeks and then mentoring with more experienced ACA’s. If interested, staff can go on to develop and learn more skills transporting and looking after patients with more complex medical needs. All this can be provided at a pace to suit our staff. We are developing training pathways at different levels up to paramedic standards which, as you progress, increases earnings and provides at truly long term and rewarding career.
In return, you will be provided with a G4S uniform, the opportunity to enrol into a company Pension scheme and G4S Life Assurance scheme and access to discounts including retails, dining and travel.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence required
- Willing to undergo suitable training such as manual handling, first aid at work, and advanced driving where needed.
- A caring attitude towards patients and the ability to show empathy
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit able to lift and support patients.
- Commitment to the service we provide for our patients
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, with the need for medical treatment at hospitals in a caring and compassionate way. Because we are dealing with the vulnerable in a patient care environment, a full enhanced DBS check is required.
Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery that will include the responsibility of adequate safeguarding and prevent training and awareness and an understanding of reporting concerns to the line manager.
Please note that commitment to 2 weeks of training is mandatory
Jobs that might be of interest:Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - QEH Woolwich LONDON
Location: SE18 4QH
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant - Dartford
Location: Dartford, Kent
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) Maidstone
Location: ME20 7EZ
Apply now Bank Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) Maidstone
Apply now Logistics Coordinator - Nights
Location: Chelmsford, Essex