Part Time Admin Assistant Gatwick, West Sussex £12,941.25
Part Time Admin AssistantLocation: Gatwick, West Sussex | Salary: £12,941.25 | Posted: 20 Feb 2019 | Closes: 20 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Recruitment fair on Saturday 2nd March at the Hilton Brighton Metropole
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Do you want an exciting, fast passed diverse place to work? If that is what you are looking for come to Gatwick IRC’s! You will never complain of being bored as no day is the same and every day you will learn something new. Gatwick PDA and Borders is the only facility in the UK which makes us unique. If you are looking for a new job or to further your career apply now before it is too late!
Gatwick IRC’s Gatwick PDA and Borders is over two sites. IRC is an Immigration Removal Centre located on the outskirts of Gatwick Airport. Brook House IRC holds up to 486 men over the age of 18, in shared rooms over 4 wings and Eden Wing. Tinsley House IRC holds up to 162 men over the age of 18, in shared rooms over two floors. Gatwick PDA and Borders is located inside Tinsley but kept separate from the men. Gatwick PDA hold up to two pre planned families. Border families can arrive without pre warning, holds up to one family. Tinsley IRC was recently refurbished in 2016/17 and Gatwick PDA and Borders is immaculate with well-kept outside gardens and play facilities for children.
At Gatwick we provide primary care in a range of clinics, which include but is not limited to Dressings / Venepuncture/ Nurse Triage / Smoking Cessation / Chronic Disease clinics / Sleep Hygiene Techniques. We run drop in clinics every day and also have a booking appointment system. We have doctors attend site each day and on call facilities if needed. We have a visiting psychiatrist once a week, dentist fortnightly and optician monthly. We do not have any inpatient beds, therefore patients who need emergency care will be sent out to hospital or transferred to a centre that has those facilities. The needs of the men range from Physical / Social Care to Mental Health conditions. Gatwick IRC’s also has a dedicated Forward Team (Drug Alcohol Recovery) who mainly work at Brook House and visit Tinsley once a week. We also administer medication up to 4 times a day at both sites; at Brook House only this includes Controlled Drugs (CD’s) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
We are a team with experience in a variety of specialities from General, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health & Pharmacy Technician. Our dedicated team encourage nurses to develop and improve specific specialist roles e.g. Diabetes / Health promotion / Blood Pressure
At Gatwick IRC we are close to the M25 for easy access. We have a free staff car park at both sites and free canteen lunch at Tinsley.
We are recruiting for a Part Time Admin Asssistant to join our team in Gatwick
Benefits as a Part Time Admin Assistant
- Salary of £12,941.25 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: Part Time : 25 hours per week
To provide an effective and efficient administration service to a functional/departmental team.
- Organise specialist appointments for offenders, liaising with relevant departments and key stakeholders. Record and document accordingly.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner and meets audit requirements.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the functional/departmental team are met.
- Act as receptionist for the Healthcare department, receiving offenders and visitors in a courteous manner, ensuring that they are booked in and the relevant contact is notified.
- Organise and coordinate meetings, diaries, events and travel arrangements ensuring individual and functional/departmental objectives are met.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the function/department so that it is available when required.
- Collate, produce and distribute management information and statistics so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information to enable informed decision making.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Be prepared to undertake training and development appropriate to role.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working within a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritse
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Desirable Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- NVQ / BTEC in Administration
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Driving Licence
- Experience of minute taking.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Health Care Assistant
Apply now Registered Mental Health Nurse
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Nurse / RGN
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Nurse- Sexual Offence Examiner
Location: Slough, Berkshire