Paramedic Liverpool, Liverpool £29,248.87 - £35,358.00
ParamedicLocation: Liverpool, Liverpool | Salary: £29,248.87 - £35,358.00 | Posted: 23 May 2022 | Closes: 13 Jun 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11583
Salary: £29,248.87 - £35,358.00 per annum
40 hours per week, various shifts, Monday to Sunday
HMP Altcourse, Liverpool, L9 7LH
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients. HMP Altcourse is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody. At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
As a Paramedic, you will provide high quality emergency care and minor injury treatment to patients with both primary care and acute care needs in a prison setting. You will be required to work within the Healthcare Centre and on the Wings as part of a team of Primary Care practitioners.
- To participate and assist in the systematic monitoring, review and evaluation of paramedic practice through clinical audit.
- Play an integral role in ensuring that junior team members are aware of local and general Health & Safety matters, Clinical Governance and other on-going issues, which arise including patient safety issues.
- Conduct Clinical interventions where appropriately trained and competent.
- To respond to all emergency codes in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Develop/maintain advanced clinical skills and knowledge in relation to dynamic patient case mix.
- Referral / sign posting to appropriate health professionals / services.
- Provide patient information and education.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a Paramedic:
- HCPC Registered Paramedic.
- 2 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy.
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice.
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations.
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
Desirable skills as a Paramedic:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice.
- Degree level qualification or above.
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics).
- Refer A Friend Scheme.
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
For further information please email: email@example.com
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Paramedic
Location: Liverpool, Liverpool
Apply now Paramedic
Location: Liverpool, Liverpool
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic