Paramedic Gatwick, West Sussex £17,524.07- £20,462.39
ParamedicLocation: Gatwick, West Sussex | Salary: £17,524.07- £20,462.39 | Posted: 21 Jun 2021 | Closes: 12 Jul 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8606
Part Time Paramedic,
Salary: Less than 2 years experience - £17,524.07 and more than 2 years experience- £20,462.39
Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre (IRC)
23 hours per week
Shifts: 07.00- 19.30hrs or 19.00- 07.30hrs
As a Paramedic, you will provide high quality emergency care and minor injury treatment to patients with both primary care and acute care needs in a prison setting. You will be required to work within the Healthcare Centre and on the Wings as part of a team of Primary Care practitioners.
About our Site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Gatwick Immigration Removal Centre (IRC) is a 24 hours site that holds 400 plus detainees suspected of visa violations, illegal entry or unauthorised arrival to the UK and are waiting for flights, transfers or to be released in to the community. We have a fast turnover of detainees so a wide range skills will be needed and trained/supported. From triage, chronic disease management to acute care.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential skills as a Paramedic:
- HCPC Registered Paramedic with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
Desirable skills as a Paramedic:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
Jobs that might be of interest:Crisis Worker
Location: Thames Valley
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - UCLH
Location: North West London
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Lewisham
Location: SE13 6LH, Lewisham
Apply now Ambulance Care Assistant (Driver) - Royal National Orthpaedic Hospital
Location: HA7 4LP
Apply now Logistics Coordinator - UCLH
Location: NW1 2BU, Camden