Paramedic Rugby, Warwickshire £33,792
ParamedicLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £33,792 | Posted: 21 Jan 2020 | Closes: 17 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8054
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is a national provider of critical primary and forensic healthcare services for the public and private sectors. We have delivered services to police forces and within secure sites throughout the UK since 2005, with customers in local government and the NHS.
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is unique in that we operate in all types of justice health environments: Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC). This enables us to share learnings on a wide variety of topics, from NPS trends and assessment to better linking mental health support to the community. G4S value excellent patient care and has a dynamic approach to nursing in a complex setting. We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s). Our broad business experience across Justice Healthcare Services, with custody and SARC services in particular allows us to share best practice, innovation, and expertise and support across all regions to deliver
service excellence. Our staff approach their work in prisons and secure settings with professionalism and commitment that lays the foundations for improved services and recognises the dignity of the individual.
G4S Health Vision Statements
- We are an Accountable Care Provider that actively demonstrates commitment, encouragement of ideas and support for one another and our stakeholders.
- What we do individually matters and what we do together makes a positive difference to patients and clients. One team, delivering effective care each day.
- We deal with complex and challenging situations constructively, with confidence that our values, processes and governance will keep us and patients safe.
- We want to be recognised as an effective and progressive end-to-end justice health provider, using evidence and risk-based decision making to achieve patient-focussed outcomes.
Benefits as a Paramedic:
- Salary of £33,792 per annum
- Golden Hello of £1500* (£500 on starting; £1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- Vodafone: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Full time, 40 hours per week
Job outline: As a Paramedic, you will provide high quality emergency care and minor injury treatment to patients with both primary care and acute care needs in a prison setting by playing an active part in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patients care. You will also provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements. You will be required to work as part of a team delivering care to patients both within the Healthcare Centre and on the Wings as part of a team of Primary Care Nurses within the prison.
The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies. The HMP sites are clinical facilities which require an individual to have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast pace environment, in line with the protocols and policies of the local Service, G4S and professional bodies.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Criteria for a Paramedic:
- HCPC Registered Paramedic with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
£1500 Golden Hello bonus (paid in 3 installments*)
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any
individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe
systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
For further information please email: email@example.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Nurse (RMN / RGN)
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - HMP Rye Hill, Rugby
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Avon and Somerset, Somerset
Apply now Resettlement Case Worker
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Apply now CAMHS Nurse
Location: MILTON KEYNES, Buckinghamshire