Paramedic Liverpool, Merseyside £33,000 per annum
ParamedicLocation: Liverpool, Merseyside | Salary: £33,000 per annum | Posted: 2 Jul 2019 | Closes: 13 Aug 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7799
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse in Liverpool is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
Our staff approach their work in prisons and secure settings with professionalism and commitment that lays the foundations for improved services and recognises the dignity of the individual.
We have an opportunity for a Paramedic to join our team.
Salary: £33,000 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week. Part Time hours also available.
Benefits as a Paramedic:
- Salary of £33,000 per annum
- Golden Hello of £1500* (£500 on starting; £1000 after 12 months)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
As a Paramedic, you will provide high quality emergency care and minor injury treatment to patients with both primary care and acute care needs in a prison setting by playing an active part in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patients care. You will also provide care for the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
You will be required to work as part of a team delivering care to patients both within the Healthcare Centres and on the Wings / House blocks within the prison environment as part of a team of Primary Care Nurses within a HMP site.
The role requires you to function autonomously and within your sphere of competency, whilst being a support and resource to less experienced members of staff. You must be able to assess patients, plan their care, administer treatment and discharge them or refer them as appropriate to other healthcare professionals / external agencies. The HMP sites are clinical facilities which require an individual to have the ability to work effectively as part of a multi professional team within a fast pace environment, in line with the protocols and policies of the local Service and G4S,and professional bodies.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Criteria for a Paramedic:
- HCPC Registered Paramedic with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest: