Paediatric Flexi Crisis Worker £20.00
Paediatric Flexi Crisis WorkerLocation: | Salary: £20.00 | Posted: 13 Mar 2020 | Closes: 17 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8693
Paediatric Crisis Worker, West Midlands, WS2 9SR
Salary: £20 retainer for 12hour shift, £12.50 per hour for call outs with a minimum of 4 hour pay, £12.50 per hour after this + mileage
Shifts: 12 hour shift cover 6am to 6pm, 6pm to 6am (must be able to commit to at least 4 shifts per month)
To provide on-call advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands Paediatric Service SARC service. To assess onward referrals required and facilitate referral pathways.
About our Site:
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
Benefits as a Paediatric Crisis Worker:
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
- Access to Gympass discount
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous Experience of working with Children and Young People and families
- Previous experience working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good safeguarding awareness and knowledge
- Enhanced DBS and Police Vetting
- Full driving license and access to own transport
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.
Jobs that might be of interest:Male Engagement Officer/Crisis Worker
Apply now Paediatric Sexual Offence Examiner Doctor
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Apply now Bank Forensic Medical Examiner