Paediatric Crisis Worker £12.50
Paediatric Crisis WorkerLocation: | Salary: £12.50 | Posted: 17 Feb 2019 | Closes: 10 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Paediatric Clinic Crisis Worker to join our team in Walsall, West Midlands (West Midlands Paediatric SARC Service)
Benefits as a Paediatric Clinic Crisis Worker
- Salary of £20 retainer, £50 per case of 4 hours then £12.50 over time plus mileage
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Shifts: Wednesdays 06:00 - 18:00
To provide on-call advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands Paediatric Service at Horizon SARC, Walsall. To assess onward referrals required and facilitate referral pathways.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the agreed SARC venue within 75 minutes in the event of a call-out or at the agreed appointment time.
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients where required.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if vrequired, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Service Coordinator (PSSC)
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To provide availability for a 24/7 on-call rota shift pattern.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S FMS and the SARC
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR)
- Carry out any reasonable request from your line manager
- Effective Communication Skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Multi-disciplinary Team working
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Previous Experience of working with Children and Young People
- Previous experience working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good safeguarding awareness
- Full driving license and access to own transport
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the West Midlands Paediatric SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service The service provides acute and historic examinations, healthcare and support to clients under 18, across the West Midlands, West Mercia, Staffordshire and Warwickshire.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of
forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
The role of the historic crisis worker is to provide on-call advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands Paediatric Service SARC service across 5 venues. To assess onward referrals required and facilitate referral pathways. This role will provide Crisis Worker support to a historic clinic that run each week at Cobridge on a Thursday and nd provide additional support to the acute rota for the day shift on a Wednesday at Horizon SARC, Walsall.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Crisis Worker
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Crisis Worker - The Bridgeway SARC
Location: Penrith, Cumbria
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Forensic Medical Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bristol, City of
Apply now Primary Care Nurse