Paediatric Crisis Worker - West Midlands Paediatric SARC 20.00
Paediatric Crisis Worker - West Midlands Paediatric SARCLocation: | Salary: 20.00 | Posted: 8 Nov 2018 | Closes: 22 Nov 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7285
Paediatric Crisis Worker - On Call from home
West Midlands Paediatric SARC
£20 Retainer per 12 hour shift/£50 call out fee for each case (inclusive of 4 hours)/£12.50 overtime per hour (or part thereof)/£30 for each self-referral case (not single call)/Travelling time to/from SARC is not paid/
£8.50ph Admin/Training hours
Need to be able to cover at least 4 shifts per month (6AM-6PM & 6PM–6AM)
Exciting opportunity to be part of the West Midlands Paediatric SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Service in partnership with the NHS. The service will provide acute and historic examinations, healthcare and support to clients under 18, across the West Midlands, West Mercia Staffordshire and Warwickshire. The role of Crisis Worker within the West Midlands Paediatric SARC Service, will provide advocacy support and assess onward referrals required for under 18 clients and their family accessing the Acute SARC service. Applications are invited from candidates who are able to travel to Horizon SARC, Walsall within 60
minutes of request.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and
Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
To provide advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands Paediatric Service SARC service historic clinics. To assess onward referrals required and facilitate referral pathways.
- To provide advocacy support for under 18 clients and their family accessing the West Midlands
- Paediatric Service SARC service historic clinics
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service.
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC venue
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients where required.
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC service policy.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases when needed.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- To assist with the collection of medical samples and their transfer to the laboratory ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- To undertake follow-up and well-being calls to clients and their families as required
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, Police Officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Service Coordination Manager
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S Health and the SARC
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR)
- Carry out any reasonable request from your line manager
- Effective Communication Skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Multi-disciplinary Team working
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous Experience of working with Children and Young People
- Previous experience working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and oral.
- Good safeguarding awareness
- Full driving license and access to own transport
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Bank Substance Misuse Non-Medical Prescriber
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire