OSP Specialist Nicholville, New York & Competitive
OSP SpecialistLocation: Nicholville, New York | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Jun 2018 | Closes: 31 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US - G4S Secure Integration | Region / Division: G4S Technology
The incumbent supervises and maintains control of outside plant (OSP) activities surrounding a given work site, maintains accurate records of construction underway, and makes recommendations in support of the project schedule. Based on the interpretation of the daily and weekly schedules, effectively runs a crew of two or more, or supervises subcontractor tasking in order to meet or exceed assigned tasking. Accurately gauges capabilities of assigned crew members in order to provide input to daily and weekly project tasking.
- Supervises subcontractors’ crews performing OSP activities. Ensures that crews safely perform work in accordance with industry standards, the contract’s scope of work, construction drawings, and specifications.
- Accurately interprets underground utility records, power utility grid maps, railroad validation maps, and plat maps in order to prepare engineering field notes in sufficient clarity and detail to facilitate conversion to CADD programs.
- Makes recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies due to knowledge of or experience in environmental conditions, construction access by crews, or congestion of utilities.
- Understands and actively participates in the engineering, permitting and construction processes in order to support the requirements of the project contract.
- Documents and accounts for own and subcontractors’ work performed at any phase of construction using standard company procedures, and provides written correspondence to the team, the Owner, and to governmental agencies as required.
- Determines and executes correct procedures for OSP fiber optic cable splicing, termination, testing, and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
One year of OSP engineering or construction experience, or BS/BA degree in construction management or engineering, or an acceptable equivalency in collegiate education and experience. A degree in any engineering discipline acceptable, but civil, mechanical or electrical preferred. Desirable work experience includes field engineering lead responsibility/project charge responsibility. Supervisory experience a plus. If required by job responsibilities, incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction drawings and specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and other documents. Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The incumbent is required to walk daily on construction sites in rough terrain, and climb ladders and facilities under construction. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand for long periods of time. The incumbent may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent regularly splits time between work in a semi-quiet construction office environment and on construction sites, where there is moderate to occasional great noise levels. Some travel may be required.
About the Company:
Why work for G4S Secure Integration?
- Global experts in the assessment, design, construction, maintenance and management of communication networks and electronic security systems
- Over 20 Years of proven experience as an established large-scale systems integrator providing unified communications and security solutions
- Financially Sound Company, Highly Regarded by Customers & Industry Peers
- Highly Competitive Compensation Plan & Comprehensive Benefits Package
G4S Secure Integration is a systems integrator that brings innovative, flexible and cost efficient thinking to the design, construction and maintenance of stand-alone or integrated communication networks and electronic security systems. For over two decades, we have offered commercial, industrial and governmental clients an efficient single point of contact for all their project issues. A trusted partner to customers and suppliers around the world, G4S Secure Integration takes great pride in delivering outstanding technology, superior customer service and a great return on investment.
G4S Secure Integration has deployed over 2 million fiber miles in more than 200 metropolitan and rural areas and completed over 1,500 large-scale, electronic security systems projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Central America, and the Middle East.
Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, G4S Secure Integration is managed by executives from the telecommunications, construction and security industries. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.g4s.us or call (866) 221-5641.
We offer an attractive, competitive compensation plan, an outstanding comprehensive benefits package, and significant opportunity for professional growth and advancement in the rapidly expanding security/telecommunications industry. We strongly encourage inquiries from qualified women and minority candidates. While interest from all applicants for employment with G4S Secure Integration is genuinely appreciated, we can respond only to those candidates with qualifications closest to the job requirements. For confidential consideration, please visit http://technologycareers.g4s.com/ and apply on-line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Jobs that might be of interest:Systems Engineer I
Location: Rochester, New York
Apply now Systems Engineer I
Location: Henrietta, New York
Apply now TechnikerIn für Sicherheitsanlagen
Apply now Rezeptionsmitarbeiter (m/w)
Apply now Systems Engineer II
Location: Willowbrook, Illinois