Operator - Command Center Marlborough, Massachusetts $18.00
Operator - Command CenterLocation: Marlborough, Massachusetts | Salary: $18.00 | Posted: 4 Sep 2019 | Closes: 4 Oct 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/3742188/167931
300 Dollar Sign-On Bonus/ 200 Dollar Employee Referral Bonus
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Command Center Operator. As a Command Center Operator, you will interact with all systems in the Security Command Center to include, but not limited to: video systems, fire alarm systems, access control, duress alarms and vital building equipment alarms from a single facility or multiple facilities. The Operators are responsible for monitoring the client’s emergency phone line, access control systems, video systems, and fire systems as required by our high profile client.
The Operators assist in monitoring threats to employees travelling and geo-fencing for company assets. Security Command Center Operators are on the forefront of the notification process for the business during incidents. The Operators also support operations and provide assistance to all Security personnel on each shift with security-related issues as needed.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
**$300 bonus payable after complete training and 90 days of continuous employment. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.**
**$200 employee referral bonus payable after 30 days of continuous employment. Please be sure to have the referral add your name on the application for the bonus. Bonus amount is subject to applicable federal and state income withholdings.**
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Alarm monitoring and response; sound alarms or call police, fire department or EMS in case of emergency
- Access control; direct officers to unlock/lock doors as requested by authorized personnel
- Customer service; provide assistance to faculty, students and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintains accurate daily activity reports as required
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Command Center Operator
Location: Billerica, Massachusetts
Apply now Security Officer - Healthcare Setting
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Boxborough, Massachusetts
Apply now Lobby Ambassador
Location: Burlington, Massachusetts
Apply now Security Officer
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts