Operations Support Assistant Exeter £26,079
Operations Support AssistantLocation: Exeter | Salary: £26,079 | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 | Closes: 14 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6982
With our extensive history, here at G4S Cash Solutions, we know a thing or two about security and keeping money safe. We handle the majority of the cash that goes through the UK’s banks, and a third of the UK's total cash spend. From family florists to national coffee chains, we collect cash for over 4,500 businesses of every size in the UK.
This makes us the largest cash collection organisation in the country. Our success as a business is a result of our service and expertise. Our service and expertise is driven by our people. Here at G4S Cash Solutions, we are dedicated to recruiting the Best People and that all starts right here with You.
The operations support role will assist, monitor and coordinate the diverse activity of the branch operation. The Operations Support role is responsible for contributing to the efficient and organised performance of the branch in terms of productivity, proficiency and profitability of each individual department.
The role will encompass some or all of the duties listed below which will be determined by the specifics of each individual branch.
Key Tasks & Responsibilites
- Communicate service activity as appropriate with Customer Services
- Contact customers and liaise with crew operatives reporting on service adherence
- Listen to customers and help to support their needs – using mobile data to pro-actively and tactically monitor trips that are not performing
- Investigating and recommending outcomes of customer claims
- Complete monthly stores orders and maintain record of delivery and invoices.
- Contact external customers as required.
- Provide data as required by internal customers
- Complete telephone site surveys as required
- Escort and monitor on site contractors to ensure adherence to health & safety regulations
- Health and safety administration – owning areas of responsibility in terms of health & safety and ensuring compliance to company guidelines
- Responsible for some T card processes and ensuring the relevant health and safety aspects are kept up to date
- Prepare stores orders for customers in a timely manner and analyse data in a proactive manner to ensure all customers have correct stores at the right time.
- Provide support and administration assistance as an when required around the operational CIT/ATM activity
- Assist with the collation and organisation of transport administration
- Monitor and analyse fuel usage
- Complete customer site surveys in line with agreed process
- Update and maintain any KPIs as appropriate such as hours monitors and service performance
- Have advanced knowledge of MS Excel / Word / Power point and support others in the use of these applications.
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Lead the branch recruitment campaigns ensuring efficiency from job posting to start date
- Analyses training needs for all staff ensuring that training complies with Company policy and is monitored for effectiveness.
- Organise branch training – ensure all branch employee training records are up to date and schedule any relevant training, liaising with branch management.
- Where appropriate deliver branch training such as DCPC (subject to JAUPT registration).
- Ensure all training is completed in line with standard business requirements
- Provide data to the team and manage controls of holidays, absence, and sickness.
- Support new starters and arrange documentation, Induction and training courses as required.
- Maintain and record employees hours.
- Process and manage all maternity / paternity applications with Payroll and ensure completion of Risk assessments for pregnant workers.
- Assist in disciplinary / grievance procedures including note taking and maintenance of disciplinary files.
- Assist with security checks and issue control of operational equipment
- Treat people fairly, with respect, impartially and consistency.
- Ensure thorough and complete records are kept.
- Maintain confidentiality whilst working with personal data files and information.
- Offer flexibility on all aspects of Administration.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Represent the branch as the branch fire marshall and complete and maintain the appropriate fire marshall administration - ensure weekly and monthly checks are all completed – liaising with the GMB and external contractors as appropriate
- Actively encourage and support members of the team and provide data and information to support the centres functions.
- Work with the Branch Manager and Operations Manager to provide documentation and records.
- Complete ordering for all departments monthly using SAP and ensure the system is managed correctly
The Ideal Candidate:
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in planning activities and projects well, taking account of possible changing circumstances
- Proven ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to prioritise work and organise workload
- Experience of focusing on customer need and satisfaction
- Experience of training operational colleagues
- Proven experience at making rational judgments from available information
- Accurate data analysis skills
- MS Office proficient (Word, Excel, Email)
- Experience of SAP, HR and recruiting systems
- Clear communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility
- Skilled at Listening, consulting others and communicating proactively
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Ability to follow instructions from others, procedures and policies
- Eye for detail and accuracy
We’ll provide all the training and support to help you progress as a key member of a world-class team. And in addition to a culture that believes in promoting from within, we offer up to five weeks’ paid holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, and health checks.
Jobs that might be of interest:Branch Security Officer (Polokwane) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now ATM Custodian - G4S Cash Solutions South Africa
Location: Various branches across South Africa
Apply now Branch Security Officer (Welkom) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Apply now Radio Controller - Marble Hall - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa
Location: Marble Hall
Apply now Tactical Support Officer (Welkom) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa