Operations Manager Bristol £50,000
Operations ManagerLocation: Bristol | Salary: £50,000 | Posted: 27 Jul 2021 | Closes: 27 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7152
Bonus Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Reporting to the General Manager, this senior management role will be responsible for the overall development, financial improvement and coordination of operational processes and functions across the site.
Success will be demonstrated through systemic improvement in the site’s key performance indicators of service, quality, cost and budget control, and will be achieved through effective development and support of the functional departments – allowing respective managers to develop and deliver functional improvements and ensure excellence in performance and stability across the site.
Working closely with the General Manager, this role will ensure delivery, compliance and effectiveness across all operational processes, developing and delivering against plans to optimise performance, stability, efficiency and profitability.
• Currently the structure means that the operations manager will be the most senior person on site for long periods and must therefore take full responsibility for managing the team, ensuring that holidays, and all aspects of human resource management are followed
• Support and implement daily management and governance that align with robust control and customer service
• Motivate all employees, encouraging optimum productivity; develop, train, assist and advise section managers as they administer company policies and procedures
• Communications – coordinate standard communication processes and reporting internally and externally (reports, briefings, and visual measurement systems) linking effectively to the Central teams
• Actively engage in the succession planning and development process ensuring top talent is identified and successfully mentored and supported
• Drive “best practises” in all areas of the business and challenge existing processes
• Direct the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness
• Health & Safety Coordination – regulations, communications, walk-rounds, actions
• Customer liaison/care – central coordination of proactive & reactive responses to key customers
• Lead and support capacity planning ensuring that customer service is fully maintained throughout the calendar year, taking full account of seasonality and normal business practises and experience such as holidays and absence
• Interface with key customers on a regular basis to ensure service levels are maintained and their full expectations are met or exceeded
• Budgetary Support – key costs monitoring and process control (direct labour, direct costs, cash losses and overheads) and revenue confirmations
• Management of the Centre’s capital equipment processes – to deliver effective utilisation through robust OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) measures and co-ordinate repair, replacement, calibration and maintenance scheduling
• Develop and drive customer service, cost reduction, quality and safety metrics
• Lead and monitor process performance through direct involvement, team development, coaching, establishment of goals and countermeasure practises
• Auditory Preparedness and Compliance – maintain, and internally audit, compliance against regulatory and internal requirements (to include T Card compliance)
• Develop and drive site level policy deployment
• Develop inputs for strategic planning and operational improvements
• Process improvement and LEAN implementation
• Site budget and monetary control
• Head office liaison, especially Security and Risk teams, covering centre security risks and responsibilities
• An ability to display absolute integrity and trust as required by the nature of the business and processes undertaken
• Ensure compliance is maintained in line with evolving Road Transport Legislation to safeguard the company operators license.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience within a cash processing/transport logistics or financial operation or a similar period of management experience within a modern manufacturing facility where processes, including Continuous Improvement/Lean methodologies were practised
• Able to accept responsibility and make decisions appropriate to the level of the role
• Demonstrable managerial experience in an operational environment - requiring on-time, on-quality, on-cost, delivery of service
• Demonstrable ability to define, measure and analyse processes, identifying improvement opportunities, and manage the project to verifiable completion
• Demonstrable experience in structured root cause problem solving within a fast paced process environment
• Line Management experience – with leadership and staff development capabilities, preferably within a unionised environment
• Ability to self audit and drive compliance through others within a regulated environment
• Excellent communication and instructional skills
• Budgetary (P&L) capability and experience
• Proficient computer skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
• Experience in a cultural change, acquisition integration or cultural change environment
• Ability to assess key business metrics and situations from a senior manager’s point of view
• Experience in 'new product introduction'
• Experience of fleet maintenance/engineering contracts
• A National Road Haulage CPC holder
• Excellent knowledge of transport legislation
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build relationships
• Knowledge of how to create differentiation and competitive advantage. Must be fully focused on continuous improvement and have experience in companies with an atmosphere of change
• A self-starter who has a high drive for results and is motivated by success
• Strong listening skills with the ability to assimilate information and translate it into business solutions
• Sound judgement with the ability to make decisions and present recommendations with clarity and conviction to serve the business objectives.
• Ability to think outside the box for improvements and drive innovation to meet the needs of the customer in a profitable and practical fashion
• Ability to establish credibility through demonstrated expertise, integrity of her/his initiatives and a willingness to take a critical view to stretch goals and initiatives to drive ‘breakthrough’ results
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 10 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner