Operations Manager Harlow Cash Services Harlow Cash Services £40 to £45k
Operations Manager Harlow Cash ServicesLocation: Harlow Cash Services | Salary: £40 to £45k | Posted: 5 Apr 2019 | Closes: 5 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6374
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
- Consults with other departments regarding new work.
- Works with the Branch Manager to resolve problems/issues that are critical to the smooth working of the department.
- Communicates with the work force to give and receive information, by branch meetings & staff briefings. Conducts interviews for recruitment, disciplinary, counselling, welfare and performance reviews.
- Works with the whole Branch Management team to ensure that all operational and management activities relating to the smooth working of the branch are covered.
- Recommends and agrees staffing levels for the department. Sets and agrees clear performance objectives with immediate reports, regularly monitoring their performance and agreeing action/s to correct shortfalls.
- Analyses and recommends training for department’s staff and monitors effectiveness in the workplace.
- Uses appropriate coaching techniques to help staff learn and develop. Carries out induction training for new employees, delegating responsibility where appropriate.
- Deals with disciplinary matters, up to ‘final warning’ stage, in line with Company policy. Maintains effective working relationship with Trade Union/Staff Representative/s.
- Liaises with the customers and banks (orally and in writing) concerning day to day operational activities and taking appropriate action as and when necessary.
- Works closely with Head Office and Area Management staff on all matters relating to the Services.
- Sets, manages and monitors department budget, reports on and actions variances. Checks CIT/ATM income report for accuracy. Raises discrepancies via Customer support / account maintenance and ensures follow up to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Optimises resources to maximise profit and improve service levels. Complies with operational and administrative procedures within defined guidelines. Through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), draws up service level trends, analyses and takes action to improve where/when necessary.
- Plans holiday allocations to ensure effective staffing levels. Manages Autopay for the department and ensures staffs are correctly scheduled in Viper. Monitors sickness absence and takes appropriate action according to Company guidelines.
- Make recommendations for improvements and implements change where appropriate.
- Carries out Site Surveys for all new work as per Company guidelines. Ensures all security equipment is maintained in good working order and that the Company’s Operations Standards (ISO9002) and Security Procedures are maintained.
- Uses IT systems to provide management information on the performance of the department. Ensures the systems are maintained and updated according to Company guidelines. Prepares and collates Daily Missed Service Reports and any other time critical reports, liaising with Regional Office.
- Maintains security of the department and recommends improvements to the Branch Manager. In conjunction with other departments investigates and makes recommendations on reported discrepancies and actions all claims and POD requests within agreed time scales.
- Manages the calibration and maintenance of equipment used by staff, in line with Company policy. Ensures that all other equipment and furniture is in good working order. Implements the Company’s Health and Safety policy, conducts risk assessments and recommends improvements where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent management / people skills
- Profit & Loss experience
- Proven experience in customer service
- Experienced in people management in a Trade Union environment
- Logistics experience
- CPC qualified desirable
- Lean Management Understanding
Jobs that might be of interest:Senior Cashier - Claims
Location: Nine Elms Battersea
Apply now Senior Cashier - Night Shift - Full time
Location: Nine Elms Battersea
Apply now Secure Driver Harlow
Apply now Secure Driver
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Vault Officer Part Time- Harlow (20 hours per week, 5am - 9am, Mon - Fri)
Location: Harlow Cash Centre