Operations Manager - Courier G4S Kenya Nairobi Competitive Market Rate
Operations Manager - Courier G4S KenyaLocation: Nairobi | Salary: Competitive Market Rate | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 22 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Kenya | Region / Division: Africa
Group Life & Personal Accident Cover
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for operational management, cross functional integration, business development and growth of Secure Logistics solutions in the business.
- Responsibility for the day to day Logistics and Courier operations and resources to meet budget expectations.
- Overseeing the development of the G4S Logistics contract management team in line with available guidelines.
- Direct activities related to collecting, dispatching, routing, tracking and delivery of Logistics and courier shipments.
- Successful growth of tcustomized Logistics and courier solutions in Kenya
- Overall Management and control of service Level Agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) as agreed with customers and identifying areas of improvement and implementing improvement programmes
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Interface with other departments within the group/business to ensure synergies are utilized for the benefit of the business and client.
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Overseeing revenue, costs and service provision for all G4S Logistics operations
- Assisting the sales team in developing Logistics tailored solutions, focusing on implementation, resource requirements and training
- Managing kitting and regional distribution centres’ work flows and targets as per SLA and KPI guidelines.
- Ensure strict controls of P&L Logistics elements as per monthly targets
- Make a proposals for the annual budget with relation to Logistics activities and investments
- Ensure statutory and company guidelines are enforced in relation to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Human Resource
The Ideal Candidate:
Knowledge and Qualifications
- University Degree in a business related field from a recognized University
- Post graduate qualification in Logistics Management
- Kenya market
- Kenya legislation
- At least 7 years logistics services management experience
- Financial acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- Google suite of products
Behavioural Skills – Management
- Awareness of the marketing environment
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
About the Company:
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 623,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
G4S in Africa:
G4S is the largest private sector employer and largest security company in Africa, with operations in more than 30 African countries and more than 122 000 employees on the continent.
In Kenya, G4S employs more than 14,000 people and we have a presence in all major urban centres within the country
Jobs that might be of interest:Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH)
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Operations Coordinator, Commodities
Location: Hong Kong Central
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Logistics Coordinator
Apply now Operations Director