Operations Coordinator, GermanyLocation: Frankfurt | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 9 Sep 2019 | Closes: 30 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe | Reference: G4S/TP/4080552/168499
G4S International Logistics (G4SI) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. Our Mission is to be the partner of choice for large organizations needing very high security solutions to international logistics risk; we achieve this through client and employee engagement and best capabilities. We make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge and expertise.
Specialising in door to door secure transportation, insurance, third party logistics, inventory/storage services and risk mitigation we are well known in the industry for our integrity and consultative approach. Banks, financial institutions, governments, mines, diamond cutters, jewellery manufacturers and retailers worldwide rely on us to protect their commercial and reputational risk while optimizing their business operations.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our Frankfurt Office.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide the effective delivery of valuable cargo consignments for clients and provide excellent customer service.
- Execution of operational tasks including handling daily imports, exports, customs clearance and deliveries as directed.
- Create, maintain and complete job shipment files on relevant in-house systems.
- Also create, maintain and complete hard copy files of these shipments. Ensure all relevant paperwork (Shipment request, AWB’s, security receipts etc) are kept within.
- Co-ordinate shipments with relevant local and international vendors ensuring proactive communications at all times.
- Input of accurate shipment costs and revenue information in to relevant systems in a timely manner
- Creation of relevant documents for all shipments, including AWB’s, guard sheets and other.
- Special projects and other reasonable tasks / duties as delegated by the Operations Manager.
- Highlight jobs at negative and limited margin to the Operations Manager.
- Feedback on job related cost variances as requested.
- Maintain meaningful vendor relationships ensuring security and service expectations are preserved.
- Escalate any major customer issues.
- Offer ideas to improve and standardise operations.
- Provide operational coverage for colleagues as directed.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed.
The Ideal Candidate:
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- Previous operational/coordinating experience within a security or logistics environment a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience of customs entries (imports/exports) an advantage.
- Customs knowledge procedures on Export and Import.
- Good to fluent knowledge of software from ASM GEM’s
- Experienced in Airfreight.
- Experience and understanding of special processing requirements would be a distinct advantage to the role.
- Educated to at least high school level
- DfT/CAA Airline Security experience/training/certification and/or knowledge an advantage.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Demonstrate and provide highest level of customer service and attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills,
- Ability to comply with procedures and to suggest new ones where appropriate.
- IT literacy especially MS Office.
- High level of data input accuracy.
- A strong can-do ethos and attitude.
- Professional and courteous
- Hard-working with a can-do attitude.
- Team player
UNDERSTANDING THE ORGANISATIONAL ENVIRONMENT – the capacity to understand the organisation and the environment in which the organisation operates
SUPPORTING AND WORKING WITH OTHERS – the capacity to assist people and work constrictively and collaboratively with others.
DELIVERING OBJECTIVE – the capacity to deliver objectives
ACTING PROFESSIONALLY – the capacity to act professionally at all times.
DELIVERING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE - the capacity to deliver great customer service at all times.
Jobs that might be of interest:Administrator
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Apply now Town Enquiry Officer - Grantham
Apply now Relief Cleaners - Tower Hamlets Schools
Location: Tower Hamlets, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner - Osmani Primary School
Location: E1 5AD, Greater London
Apply now Cleaner - Olga Primary School
Location: E3 5DN, Greater London