Operations Coordinator, Commodities Hong Kong Central Competitive
Operations Coordinator, CommoditiesLocation: Hong Kong Central | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 14 Nov 2018 | Closes: 30 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: G4SI | Region / Division: Europe
G4S International Logistics (G4SI) are innovators in global and domestic secure transport solutions and we strive on unpredictable challenges faced on a daily basis to meet our client’s needs. Our Mission is to be the partner of choice for large organizations needing very high security solutions to international logistics risk; we achieve this through client and employee engagement and best capabilities. We make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge and expertise.
Specialising in door to door secure transportation, insurance, third party logistics, inventory/storage services and risk mitigation we are well known in the industry for our integrity and consultative approach. Banks, financial institutions, governments, mines, diamond cutters, jewellery manufacturers and retailers worldwide rely on us to protect their commercial and reputational risk while optimizing their business operations.
Our team of highly skilled professionals are supported by superior technology and our industry leading security and risk management processes are continuously reviewed and refined in order to adapt to the constantly changing risk landscape.
We maintain a fluid and agile workforce to respond and react to change, always thinking on our feet and applying sound judgement in our decision making. We value our talent and make every effort to create the best place for the best people valuing skill, knowledge, expertise and innovation.
If you think G4Si is the best place for you, we have the following opportunity in our Hong Kong Office.
- To manage the day to day shipment arrangements in Hong Kong. Including tracking the status of shipments and ensuring accurate and efficient job costing
- Reporting to the Operations Manager
- Administrate and monitor the custom clearances for shipments
- Oversee all shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and to check the condition of shipments
- Monitor and track shipments and answer the enquiries from other relevant departments and customers in a timely manner;
- Examine and maintain all paperwork such as invoices and shipping statements to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volume into system used by other countries
- Work colleagues around the business including the Operational team members worldwide.
- Strong previous experience in handling shipping documents and custom declarations
- Previous exposure in shipping software and systems a distinct advantage
- Ability to prioritise and organise the daily workload to ensure tasks are completed accurately and within the specific deadline.
- Maintain meaningful vendor relationships ensuring security and service expectations are preserved.
- Escalate any major customer issues to the Operations Manager
- Offer ideas to improve and standardise operations.
- Provide operational coverage for colleagues as directed.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous operational/coordinating experience within a security or logistics environment.
- Previous experience of customs entries (imports/exports) an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of the import/export shipment procedures.
- Fluent in oral and written English/Cantonese/Mandarin (essential), other languages or dialects will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good customer focus.
- Proficiency with computers and IT literate
Competencies and Behaviours:
UNDERSTANDING THE ORGANISATIONAL ENVIRONMENT – the capacity to understand the organisation and the environment in which the organisation operates
SUPPORTING AND WORKING WITH OTHERS – the capacity to assist people and work constrictively and collaboratively with others.
DELIVERING OBJECTIVE – the capacity to deliver objectives
ACTING PROFESSIONALLY – the capacity to act professionally at all times.
DELIVERING GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE - the capacity to deliver great customer service at all times.
Jobs that might be of interest:Team Leader - Patient Transport Services (UCLH)
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Logistics Coordinator
Apply now Detainee Custody Officer
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Welfare Service Officer - North East
Location: North East England
Apply now Operations Director